Player leaving fix

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Player leaving fix

Postby feawfeaw » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:51 pm

Having had a suspension over leaving recently, I thought it'd be best to address it once and for all by giving a suggesting.
Backstory: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=111833

To elaborate:

Let's say there are 5 townies left, and then 1 CL and 1 TT. Town knows who CL is and jails them until they can find TT and win. Coven is tied now and can't win unless town messes up and doesn't jail CL..... OR if CL decides to leave and start the timer. That is what I did and got suspended over it.
I get it is against the rules (I didn't at the time since it only speaks about gamethrowing, and in this case, me leaving INCREASES the chances of coven winning, so it can't be classified as throwing in that sense), but it is still part of the system that can be exploited.

Instead of punishing anyone who utilizes this exploit, just take it out entirely. As far as I know, every multiplayer game removes PUNISHABLE exploits within THEIR system (aka, without the use of things like hacking tools or multiple accounts, etc), so why should ToS be exempt?

So in the case of coven, the leaving CL will turn into a "ghost" player, a player that can't take any action, and isn't actually there but just a placeholder for town to jail or block. It counts toward the voting threshold during the lynching portion, but can't actually vote, but can be voted and lynched.
This way, the timer won't start, and leaving won't help the coven, but doesn't necessarily punish it either... the game will basically just go on normally, just with a player that is, well, basically a ghost.

Same thing would apply for a sole mafioso/GF (or if both are blocked at the same time).

Now the caveat obviously is, that town doesn't have to block these people now if they leave and the evil faction is screwed since a new mafioso won't appear.
In this instance, maybe give an option to ALL mafia/coven members (including TT) to use the actions that ghost would normally have, but it'd only work if the ghost is not blocked. This way, the game really should just continue like normal AND leaving for this purpose isn't gonna help anymore.

Oh and to further elaborate, this only happens if the faction doesn't have any other members who can kill (ambusher shouldn't count, though). If a player leaves and the faction will be able to kill just fine the next night, just remove the player slot entirely like normally.

Of course I might have forgotten scenarios that need to be ironed out more to make this work flawlessly, but I think it should at least be a step in the right direction.
If anyone got any other suggestions, have at it, because imo, this really should be addressed instead of lazily punishing people for using what is basically a feature inside the game.

Thanks
feawfeaw
Executioner
Executioner

Return to Suggestions