Allow players to use old interface

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Allow players to use old interface

Postby averagewizard » Thu May 28, 2020 8:40 pm

Back when the new design was added to the Steam version, I literally had to stop playing it for a while because of how awful the interface is. After a few months I discovered I could still use the old interface on the website. Now that seems to have been updated again. The new interface is so disgustingly designed, with way too much bloat and depressingly designed UI widgets. Add an option in the settings to revert to the old interface, I actually cannot concentrate and play this otherwise.
averagewizard

Re: Allow players to use old interface

Postby ydnnek » Sun May 31, 2020 9:13 am

I'd love it if they allowed us to use the old interface, possibly with the copy message function retained
ydnnek
Jester
Jester

Postby mdntranger » Sun May 31, 2020 11:45 am

From what I understand, the old interface is flash-based and therefore no longer supported at the end of the year. There will be no way to use the old interface unless BMG were to offer multiple interfaces in the Unity design.
mdntranger
Witch
Witch

Postby Flavorable » Sun May 31, 2020 12:34 pm

The old UI will not be available anymore. It was Flash-based and Flash will no longer be supported by the end of 2020.

Humans are creatures of habit, most of us always hate changes. I didn't much like the UI changes myself back when it first went into beta on Steam. I powered through and now I can't imagine ever having to play on another UI than Unity.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ydnnek » Sun May 31, 2020 7:25 pm

Flavorable wrote:The old UI will not be available anymore. It was Flash-based and Flash will no longer be supported by the end of 2020.

Humans are creatures of habit, most of us always hate changes. I didn't much like the UI changes myself back when it first went into beta on Steam. I powered through and now I can't imagine ever having to play on another UI than Unity.

For me, it's just the frame rate lag.
ydnnek
Jester
Jester

Postby beruke » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:27 am

YEAH !! New UI is really bad. It's way too small and hard to follow conversations chat log is worse and everything is complex like witch choose his target and target of his target separately. Old one was easy and sweet :(

They can just create exactly same of the old one with unity again right.
beruke

Postby Soulshade55r » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:12 pm

I personally like the new UI to be fair it used to be a lot worse but I think the improvements are nice

I partly miss the old ui for nostalgic purposes
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:13 am

UI Improvement suggestions are welcome. This new UI is here to stay and improvements are already in the works. If something isn't to your liking, let us know!
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby phasmabolt » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:56 pm

PyromonkeyGG wrote:UI Improvement suggestions are welcome. This new UI is here to stay and improvements are already in the works. If something isn't to your liking, let us know!

Personally, I feel like the graphic of the town is a bit too zoomed out for my liking. Also, when you are in a group (Mafia/Coven/Vampires) I found it more convenient to have the box on the side instead of having to look through all the names. Also, for the list of all the town, I found it nicer to have all 3 tabs as one. Other than that, I don't really have many issues with the new UI. Thank you for putting in so much work to this game.
phasmabolt
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby MysticMismagius » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:06 pm

From a previous thread about the game's UI:
MysticMismagius wrote:You should be able to move around the last will and other popups so that they don’t all appear on top of each other. Especially since they took the time to make these things smaller, it makes sense that you should be allowed to customize your workspace and have multiple things on the screen at once without them fighting for the same real estate. This would fix OP’s problem without making it too easy to miss any new wills/death notes/whatever that may appear.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Return to Suggestions