Role Removal

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Re: Role Removal

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:31 pm

WildCard65 wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:
WildCard65 wrote:This is only a grapevine rumour, but Vampires may be removed.
No, Wildcard65.
You can’t do that. You can’t get my hopes up like that. That’s just cruel.

ETA: In all seriousness, where did this rumor come from? Who told you this, and where did they claim to hear it from?

Reddit, apparently a reliable source said so, with Flavourable saying said source as reliable.

Edit: Correction, Flavourable said "A good source"
https://www.reddit.com/r/TownofSalemgam ... &context=3

You sure she wasnt joking?
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby WildCard65 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:58 pm

At this point, I do not believe she was considering someone who worked on the update BMG recently shipped is also saying so.

Edit: At this point, its only a rumor.
Edit 2: https://www.reddit.com/r/TownofSalemgam ... pdates_or/
WildCard65
Doctor
Doctor

Postby MysticMismagius » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:00 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
WildCard65 wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:
WildCard65 wrote:This is only a grapevine rumour, but Vampires may be removed.
No, Wildcard65.
You can’t do that. You can’t get my hopes up like that. That’s just cruel.

ETA: In all seriousness, where did this rumor come from? Who told you this, and where did they claim to hear it from?
Reddit, apparently a reliable source said so, with Flavourable saying said source as reliable.

Edit: Correction, Flavourable said "A good source"
You sure she wasnt joking?
I asked Flavorable about it directly on Discord and she told me it wasn’t a joke.
ETA: Spoiler: Holy shit. Regardless of whether or not you like Vampires, something big seems to be coming.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby cheeseandtomatos » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:51 am

Holy shit. That user also hinted that Transporter was going to be removed, which I hope doesn't happen. Make it a NC role at least!
sometimes when my mother isn't home i go into the backyard, bury myself, and pretend i am a carrot

I sometimes go as burn
cheeseandtomatos
Executioner
Executioner

Postby MysticMismagius » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:59 am

Yeah I really hope that doesn't happen
I like Transporter quite a bit =(
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby inabamitsu » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:28 am

cheeseandtomatos wrote:Holy shit. That user also hinted that Transporter was going to be removed, which I hope doesn't happen. Make it a NC role at least!

Transporter does seem to be more of a Neutral role than anything to be honest.
inabamitsu
Jester
Jester

Postby inabamitsu » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:31 am

Fucking vampires again continue to cause grief, gotta wait 24 hours to play now. But yea, if that reddit link is credible, this is /great/ news.
inabamitsu
Jester
Jester

Postby WaveAqualei » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:37 am

inabamitsu wrote:Fucking vampires again continue to cause grief, gotta wait 24 hours to play now. But yea, if that reddit link is credible, this is /great/ news.

What? Are you saying you intentionally threw-
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:45 am

WaveAqualei wrote:
inabamitsu wrote:Fucking vampires again continue to cause grief, gotta wait 24 hours to play now. But yea, if that reddit link is credible, this is /great/ news.

https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=3885495
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby WildCard65 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:46 pm

You were incredibly toxic in that game after being converted. The Vampires were playing to their win condition which is to kill or convert everyone.
WildCard65
Doctor
Doctor

Postby WaveAqualei » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:37 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:

Yep there you go...
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby inabamitsu » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:56 pm

WaveAqualei wrote:
syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:

Yep there you go...

Not on topic. Thanks for harassing me too.
inabamitsu
Jester
Jester

Postby inabamitsu » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:58 pm

WildCard65 wrote:

You were incredibly toxic in that game after being converted. The Vampires were playing to their win condition which is to kill or convert everyone.

This topic isn't about what I "did", so you can keep your harassment to yourself.
inabamitsu
Jester
Jester

Postby Poryg » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:56 pm

LOL. They merely stated a fact. If you want to throw a word like that around, you may want to learn what it means first.
Poryg
Witch
Witch

Postby WaveAqualei » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:19 pm

inabamitsu wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:
syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:

Yep there you go...

Not on topic. Thanks for harassing me too.

You were the one who brought up your punishment. Despite how much you dislike a role, intentionally breaking the rules doesn't excuse anything. Period.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby inabamitsu » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:31 pm

WaveAqualei wrote:*bunch of off topic harassment stuff*

The topic at hand is vampires, how they need to be removed and how they grief people. My minor removal is proof that they need to go which is why it was brought up nothing more needed to be said outside of that. It didn't warrant any lookups by your friends, or your commentary on it.
inabamitsu
Jester
Jester

Postby WaveAqualei » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:25 pm

inabamitsu wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:*bunch of off topic harassment stuff*

The topic at hand is vampires, how they need to be removed and how they grief people. My minor removal is proof that they need to go which is why it was brought up nothing more needed to be said outside of that. It didn't warrant any lookups by your friends, or your commentary on it.

"I broke the rules which is proof that the role encourages breaking the rules!" is basically what you're saying. Your lack of self-control doesn't prove anything. If you don't want us to comment on a punishment of yours, then maybe don't bring it up in the first place...?
Also if only making friends were as easy as simply agreeing with someone on a discussion. :BlobSad:
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Poryg » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:21 pm

Your suspension does not prove the role's need for removal. It is a reminder that this sort of childish behavior is not welcome in the community.

Seriously, lol. Vamps grief townies less than any other faction in the game. The only difference is, they allow you to win through an alternate win condition instead of straight up killing you.
Poryg
Witch
Witch

Postby scarfves » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:53 pm

Poryg wrote:Your suspension does not prove the role's need for removal. It is a reminder that this sort of childish behavior is not welcome in the community.

Seriously, lol. Vamps grief townies less than any other faction in the game. The only difference is, they allow you to win through an alternate win condition instead of straight up killing you.

Been a while since I touched this game, but last I remember; people want to win. When a win is unjustly taken from you in Town of Salem whilst you aim at your original objectives, it's not at all fun. Making progress towards eliminating vamps as a townie just to become a vamp yourself sortve justifys this situation.
yeah, i go by qry on discord; shut up!
18 yr old hottie who got a computer from uni and will abuse it to hearts content hehehehe!

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Mafioso Removal + Godfather Rework
Move Plaguebearer from Neutral Chaos to Neutral Killing
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Poryg » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:09 pm

If you become a vamp and vamps win, you win. I don't understand what makes conversion of a townie to a vamp a worse alternative than forcing townies to be kingmakers when they have no chance of win.
Poryg
Witch
Witch

Postby inabamitsu » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:04 am

scarfves wrote:
Poryg wrote:Your suspension does not prove the role's need for removal. It is a reminder that this sort of childish behavior is not welcome in the community.

Been a while since I touched this game, but last I remember; people want to win. When a win is unjustly taken from you in Town of Salem whilst you aim at your original objectives, it's not at all fun. Making progress towards eliminating vamps as a townie just to become a vamp yourself sortve justifys this situation.

I appreciate your words here.

Vampires are the only group role that allows conversion away from your intended and original role (especially for those who use Scrolls to try to up the win count and try for other achievements), unlike Maf and Coven. If vampires didn't have that, then maybe I could see them sticking around. Does that mean solo vamp? Sure, that happens. Happens with Maf. Happens with Coven. Put them on the same playing field as the other evil roles instead of giving them special privilege to just expand their numbers.
inabamitsu
Jester
Jester

Postby inabamitsu » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:06 am

Poryg wrote:If you become a vamp and vamps win, you win. I don't understand what makes conversion of a townie to a vamp a worse alternative than forcing townies to be kingmakers when they have no chance of win.

In all technicality, you are correct. You become vamp, vamps win, you win. But if I wanted to play vamp, I'd let the Wheel or a Scroll do it and not have someone force it on me. (poor amne's get that a lot)
inabamitsu
Jester
Jester

Postby WaveAqualei » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:43 am

scarfves wrote:Been a while since I touched this game, but last I remember; people want to win. When a win is unjustly taken from you in Town of Salem whilst you aim at your original objectives, it's not at all fun. Making progress towards eliminating vamps as a townie just to become a vamp yourself sortve justifys this situation.

I mean, we all agree... but you still shouldn't go out of your way to gamethrow because you can't control how you feel about the game.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Previous

Return to Suggestions