Random Mode Button

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Random Mode Button

Postby alex1234321 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:30 pm

In addition to the existing gamemodes, I suggest an option to play a random mode, which will place the player into a random Classic or Coven lobby depending on which mode they are on. This would likely not accomplish anything, but it could help revive some of the dead modes if enough people click the random button to make some of those modes playable.

To take this a step further, maybe the random mode button should have its own lobbies where all the players chose a random mode but are unaware of which mode they are in until the game starts. I'm not sure how this would work with Custom, but maybe it could wait until the lobby fills and then after the countdown tell everyone that it is a custom game and create a new period for the host to select roles and vote on repicks. This might have the issue of people leaving if they don't get the mode they like, but they can always sign up for the mode they want rather than joining the random lobby.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Re: Random Mode Button

Postby leftcoastlawyer » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:44 pm

Removing the modes people don't play like dracula's and mafia returns is a better solution imo
leftcoastlawyer
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby alex1234321 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:14 pm

leftcoastlawyer wrote:Removing the modes people don't play like dracula's and mafia returns is a better solution imo

The point of this is to get people to play those modes. As of now there's no real harm in keeping the dead modes. I would assume a significant percentage of players would play those modes occasionally but don't want to play the same stale mode every time so they don't queue up for the mode but would be interested in joining a random mode.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby WildCard65 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:34 am

I don't think this idea will revive any of the dead gamemodes. For myself, I generally only stick to All Any as its the mode I enjoy the most so I will find myself never using the suggested button.

Classic Classic and Classic Ranked I rarely jump into if I feel like it.
WildCard65
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Stiersquid » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:53 pm

Instead of trying to revive modes with a random mode button, why not delete the unplayed modes and make a mode of the week or something like that?
Gladiators! Are you ready for the opportunity of a lifetime? Fight in a battle that will go down in history. Eight challengers enter and one leaves with a prize no man could imagine. Are you ready to rumble?!
https://discord.gg/UNf4QJuA
Stiersquid
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby alex1234321 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:46 pm

Stiersquid wrote:Instead of trying to revive modes with a random mode button, why not delete the unplayed modes and make a mode of the week or something like that?

I mean the rotating modes are already a thing and I don't think BMG would want to take on the additional overhead of creating a completely new mode every week. Deleting the unplayed modes has no benefit since most players know just to avoid those modes and parties can still play the unplayed modes if they want to.

This could potentially revive the unplayed modes or at least provide an opportunity to players who don't have friends to occasionally play the less common modes.
#SaveTheTG

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Stiersquid » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:44 am

alex1234321 wrote:
Stiersquid wrote:Instead of trying to revive modes with a random mode button, why not delete the unplayed modes and make a mode of the week or something like that?

I mean the rotating modes are already a thing and I don't think BMG would want to take on the additional overhead of creating a completely new mode every week. Deleting the unplayed modes has no benefit since most players know just to avoid those modes and parties can still play the unplayed modes if they want to.

This could potentially revive the unplayed modes or at least provide an opportunity to players who don't have friends to occasionally play the less common modes.

I mean it isn't really a big task. All you would have to do is change the role list. Heck if they don't want to design their own lists they can just use community suggested lists.
Gladiators! Are you ready for the opportunity of a lifetime? Fight in a battle that will go down in history. Eight challengers enter and one leaves with a prize no man could imagine. Are you ready to rumble?!
https://discord.gg/UNf4QJuA
Stiersquid
Retributionist
Retributionist

Return to Suggestions