Players Who Leave on Stand Should be Automatically Lynched

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Players Who Leave on Stand Should be Automatically Lynched

Postby TheTraitorofSalem » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:00 pm

Town gets way too much of an advantage when they vote up someone whos evil and doesn't want to claim, so he just leaves because he got caught offguard and cant come up with a lie. Town gets more opportunity to vote for a role or to lynch another suspect. This should not be allowed. If someone leaves on stand, that player should automatically be lynched and the day ends
TheTraitorofSalem
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Players Who Leave on Stand Should be Automatically Lynch

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:06 am

It would be better to hide disconections, leavers should affect the game as little as posible and automatically guilting them doesnt achieves that
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby TheTraitorofSalem » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:49 pm

I disagree. Allowing town to inno affects the game more because town gets another opportunity to gain more information via a vfr or they get to lynch one of the other players who was considered sus. People who are leaving on stand were getting guilted if they stayed anyway, because most of the time they had no defense or they had been busted. If anyone leaves, that player should be automatically lynched. Without taken votes into consideration at all. If on a rare instance a jester left whilst on stand, he would be lynched but jester guilt wouldn't trigger.
TheTraitorofSalem
Executioner
Executioner

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:04 am

Thats why its better to hide disconections, cases where someone who doesnt speaks at all gets innoed are rare but not 0, if you auto guilty leavers you dont account for those cases, if you hide disconections that would be better
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Crona111 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:42 am

Then you get the issue of a thrower just leaving while on the stand to fuck with town, or other cases where someone leaves for other reasons apart from being mafia, like a townie that's pissed that they're being put up and leaves.

You go from the town being able to vote up two people to forcing them to end their day because someone left. It makes leavers impact the game far more and is pretty dumb imo. Just hide disconnects, it affects the game less and doesn't force town to end a day.
Damn I'm too lazy to add anything.

If you see "Purple Popcorn" in your game I love you.
Crona111
Witch
Witch

Postby TheTraitorofSalem » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:28 am

Crona111 wrote:Then you get the issue of a thrower just leaving while on the stand to fuck with town, or other cases where someone leaves for other reasons apart from being mafia, like a townie that's pissed that they're being put up and leaves.

Throwers are always getting lynched, a townie that's pissed they're getting put up most likely isn't gonna say anything that's gonna convince town. In both of these instances, they're getting lynched. So it really doens't matter if they're leaving or not, becauses they are getting voted guiltied. If they are leaving, then town shouldn't have the opportunity to gain more info via a vfr

You go from the town being able to vote up two people to forcing them to end their day because someone left. It makes leavers impact the game far more and is pretty dumb imo. Just hide disconnects, it affects the game less and doesn't force town to end a day.

They shouldn't be allowed to vote up two people if a "scum" leaves, gives too much of an advantage to the town.
TheTraitorofSalem
Executioner
Executioner

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:54 am

They wont know the player on the stand left, they will guilty MOST OF the time, and if they inno its not because "inno they left" since they wont be notified that the player on the stand left the game, it will be just a player who didnt speak
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Soulshade55r » Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:37 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:It would be better to hide disconections, leavers should affect the game as little as posible and automatically guilting them doesnt achieves that

^ Best solution, leavers always going to be really bad for game balance but I believe having this into effect both at least solves town from being able to get two scum kills during the day (through making one quit), this also avoids someone leaving in the night and changing who you were going to target, even if they say "I'm leaving!" the town has no idea if that's a fake bait, so it will always be better to get rid of them anyway

Theirs no clear fix to leavers other then making more restrictions and ways to punish excessive leaving.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Crona111 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:27 am

TheTraitorofSalem wrote:
Crona111 wrote:Then you get the issue of a thrower just leaving while on the stand to fuck with town, or other cases where someone leaves for other reasons apart from being mafia, like a townie that's pissed that they're being put up and leaves.

Throwers are always getting lynched, a townie that's pissed they're getting put up most likely isn't gonna say anything that's gonna convince town. In both of these instances, they're getting lynched. So it really doens't matter if they're leaving or not, becauses they are getting voted guiltied. If they are leaving, then town shouldn't have the opportunity to gain more info via a vfr

They shouldn't be allowed to vote up two people if a "scum" leaves, gives too much of an advantage to the town.

But now you're just hurting everybody. Forcing a lynch when somebody leaves affects the game more than not. It forces the end of the day and would benefit mafia. Leaving should benefit nobody. Hiding the fact that somebody has left doesnt force the town to do anything but substantially lowers the chances of town not voting because they have left. There are no benefits to forcing the lynch and ending the day over hiding the leave.
Damn I'm too lazy to add anything.

If you see "Purple Popcorn" in your game I love you.
Crona111
Witch
Witch

Postby DragoWhooves » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:55 am

+Support to hide disconnections

-Support for Auto-Lynch leavers

Too many times I’ve been semi-sus or there has been a semi-sus evil and the most sus person has gone up and then disconnected on stand, everyone innos and changes target to the semi-sus person, effectively giving town 2 lynches in a day

Maybe a slight asterisk for Jailor if person in jail leaves
Either the Jailor is Roleblocked with a custom message, "You tried to execute the prisoner but they disappeared before your eyes"
Or they get a message "the prisoner disappeared from the cell before your eyes" when they leave, execute still fails (as if Roleblocked) with a seperate message "you were unable to execute the prisoner as they had dissapeared"
DragoWhooves
Lookout
Lookout

Postby MysticMismagius » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:06 pm

Some predictions that immediately come to mind if disconnections are merely hidden:

- Initially, people are going to notice that they can simply announce that they're going to leave before they disconnect, which would have the same effect as before the change. (Some people already do this even though it's not necessary)
- Soon after, people will realize that they can announce they're going to leave, and then not disconnect, so they can get inno'd off the stand for free.

These eventualities are probably the reason why the initial suggestion was made the way that it was: to prevent a mini-meta from forming around pretending to have disconnected when you haven't and vice versa.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby DragoWhooves » Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:11 am

MysticMismagius wrote:Some predictions that immediately come to mind if disconnections are merely hidden:

- Initially, people are going to notice that they can simply announce that they're going to leave before they disconnect, which would have the same effect as before the change. (Some people already do this even though it's not necessary)
- Soon after, people will realize that they can announce they're going to leave, and then not disconnect, so they can get inno'd off the stand for free.

These eventualities are probably the reason why the initial suggestion was made the way that it was: to prevent a mini-meta from forming around pretending to have disconnected when you haven't and vice versa.

I think that will only be a small proportion and most would just continue to leave without a word, the ones that do say they are leaving would likely be ignored in most cases
DragoWhooves
Lookout
Lookout

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:28 am

MysticMismagius wrote:Some predictions that immediately come to mind if disconnections are merely hidden:

Nothing guarantees that the player WILL disconect, so any town with half a brain would guilty anyway
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby leftcoastlawyer » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:41 pm

I support this tbh, this is a huge issue in ranked where numbers matter a lot.
leftcoastlawyer
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby DragoWhooves » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:48 pm

I was in a game today and two people left on the stand, they were inno'd and someone else was lynched that day, and you check out online there are videos of multiple games where the same happened

so making disconnects silent would help things, at least during the day phase (or end of vote phase/after lynch) night time disconnects are as bad so no real change there needed
DragoWhooves
Lookout
Lookout

Postby cheeseandtomatos » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:57 pm

+support disconnects being hidden until end of day.

I doubt that many leavers would be so determined to announce that they're leaving, and if they do, they can be reported for gamethrowing (in some cases).

Also, leavers don't just affect the player being voted. If you're Mafioso being voted and then the dead Ambusher leaves, it becomes obvious you're evil. Hidden disconnects help more in that scenario than auto-lynching.
sometimes when my mother isn't home i go into the backyard, bury myself, and pretend i am a carrot

I sometimes go as burn
cheeseandtomatos
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Malfoydragon » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:29 pm

cheeseandtomatos wrote:+support disconnects being hidden until end of day.

I doubt that many leavers would be so determined to announce that they're leaving, and if they do, they can be reported for gamethrowing (in some cases).

Also, leavers don't just affect the player being voted. If you're Mafioso being voted and then the dead Ambusher leaves, it becomes obvious you're evil. Hidden disconnects help more in that scenario than auto-lynching.

Yeah, I think it is absolutely vital to hide disconnects until the end of the day, instead of hiding them altogether. You need to know who has left so you don't use your ability on them.

Furthermore, during the night phase disconnections can be shown immediately after they happen. There's no need for that to change, and if disconnections were hidden during the night too, players would have the same issue of potentially using their ability on a leaver.
Malfoydragon
Witch
Witch

Return to Suggestions