Please Revert the Color Changes

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Please Revert the Color Changes

Postby James2 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:26 am

The new color scheme is atrocious. Please fix it.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Re: Please Revert the Color Changes

Postby cob709 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:47 am

i like the chat highlighting
add an option for people to toggle it
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby James2 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:07 pm

The highlighting isn't that bad the first two or three times you see it. But the new message colors are just eyesores.

A toggle would solve the problem.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Soulshade55r » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:04 pm

I think a lot of it looks better, theirs some text bugs but other then that it looks good.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby James2 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:05 pm

Bright red system messages naturally grab the eye, and anyone who's played the game for a while instinctually pays attention to them. Changing them to purple is ???
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Soulshade55r » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:07 am

James2 wrote:Bright red system messages naturally grab the eye, and anyone who's played the game for a while instinctually pays attention to them. Changing them to purple is ???

I dislike the red messages personally, I think a toggle would be best, but i generally like the color changes apart from the bugs.

I've also been playing this game for ages now.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby blackaxe3 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:48 pm

I kind of like the new colored messages since it adds variety, but it's hard to say whether it's better since it's so new.
My Name Picks:

Royal Match - my default pick
Melon King - when someone named themselves Pumpkin King
Godfather - for role theme or to just bait people
Cottan Mother - to cause confusion
blackaxe3
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Ezradekezra » Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:32 am

i don't think that the color changes are really that bad, but a toggle probably couldn't hurt

also something something xml edits
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby cob709 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:56 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:i don't think that the color changes are really that bad, but a toggle probably couldn't hurt

also something something xml edits

sorry theyre low on budget this quarter
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Poryg » Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:42 pm

I would've preferred the previous color scheme, just expanded on everything - white text on red, green and purple background. Because reading the red and purple texts with no background is sometimes difficult.

As for the chat highlighting, I don't really mind that. However, it is awful that the entire message is highlighted instead of just the number. This way it hurts readability when someone posts wills or when someone says "1 mafia to go" when you're 1.
Poryg
Witch
Witch

Postby FireFly123 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:18 am

Poryg wrote:I would've preferred the previous color scheme, just expanded on everything - white text on red, green and purple background. Because reading the red and purple texts with no background is sometimes difficult.

I was thinking along the same idea with the colored background. Like if you were attacked but you have defense, it should be like a blue background instead of green. I keep thinking that i got healed.

as for the your number being highlighted, i would also agreed about being only your number being highlighted instead of the entire message.

I do want to say that i do love the QoL update overall. It makes it alot easier to noticed if someone is talking to you and playing blackmailer and invest is alot easier as well
Local weirdo
FireFly123

Postby MysticMismagius » Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:50 am

One thing that also bothers me is that messages are only sometimes highlighted
Dead chat messages aren’t highlighted, and if your number is in brackets it also isn’t highlighted for some reason

(Tangentially related, why can’t you c/p Jailor messages, Medium messages, or whispers?)

FireFly123 wrote:I was thinking along the same idea with the colored background. Like if you were attacked but you have defense, it should be like a blue background instead of green. I keep thinking that i got healed.
This is the way it used to work back when the Steam version ran on Flash. Most of the messages had a red background by default but you could change them in the files to any hex color.

Personally, I like having all the “you were attacked but survived it” messages be green, but it would be nice to have a system where you can change the background and foreground color of messages as you please.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby FireFly123 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:04 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:This is the way it used to work back when the Steam version ran on Flash. Most of the messages had a red background by default but you could change them in the files to any hex color.

Personally, I like having all the “you were attacked but survived it” messages be green, but it would be nice to have a system where you can change the background and foreground color of messages as you please.

I didn't even know that. I only started playing sometime after the unity update (but I did saw videos of the game before the update.) However it would be amazing to be able to change the colors in settings or at the very least have a color presets to choose from
Local weirdo
FireFly123

Return to Suggestions