Stricten the Penalties For Mass-Leaving to prevent it.

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Stricten the Penalties For Mass-Leaving to prevent it.

Postby FroggyMaybe » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:37 am

Hello! I have stopped playing coven and gone back to normal modes recently, and i have had even worse problems with leavers. Essentially, a lot of users would leave on d1/n1, and a lot were manual, saying shit like "I HATE THIS ROLE" before leaving, etc.This has cost me several games as roles like Jailor, Mayor, Or Mafia Killing would just randomly leave out of nowehere without telling anyone, either. The Unfortunate part on the current system is that you cannot see a difference between manual leaving and Abnormal Disconnections. Therefore i propose some features to stricten said penalty system and prevent people from leaving in masses. If you need examples on how game-changing this can be, view this image. The post was titles "Welcome to Ranked Practice, Everybody!", showing this was (Assumably) ranked practice. https://i.redd.it/bkyl3t0fhf591.png

Here are the Changes i Propose:

- Reduce the penatly to start once youve left 3 Games. 3 Seems Reasonable, 5 seems way too much
- Highen the Amount of time from 5 minutes to 15 Minutes. This isnt too long, to be made fair for bad internet but the current 5 mins is way too short, even a game lasts longer.
- Highen the Chances to get the Role(s) you left as last. This can be great to punish manual leaves and compensate people with abnormal DCs.
-Highen the Timer until your amount of Games Left resets. From what i know, the current one is way too short (Controversial user Kyle Perfectly Displays this). id call maybe 5h until left games reset
- Actually warn people that they can get a temp. Timeout for leaving. Ive seen way to many people uninformed about this.

Note
I have tried to make this fair for users with bad wifi and also to compensate for the Servers themselves ("ABNORMAL DISCONNECTION"). Cheers for reading all of this. Suggestions?
Germany loses the world cup. Again. Way to go, lads.
FroggyMaybe
Survivor
Survivor

Re: Stricten the Penalties For Mass-Leaving to prevent it.

Postby Algus » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:36 am

i disagree in principle

even if we assume all leaves are actual leaves and not crashes, which is bold- you can't force people to play. they would just disrupt the game until theyre killed or make deliberate mistakes

the better way to do this is give them more incentive to stay.
IGN - Max
If I'm not on Max, I'm the Thunder Trainer with cupid/loveshack or wolfpup/wolfden
Algus
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby FroggyMaybe » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:53 am

Algus wrote:
even if we assume all leaves are actual leaves and not crashes, which is bold- you can't force people to play. they would just disrupt the game until theyre killed or make deliberate mistakes

Also a fair point, however i do not think anyone would Crash 3 Tines. Even i dont, and my wifi quality is essentially Like the Router is about to Explode.

Seconly, the reasoning to stay part. As proposed above, highen the chances of the role you left as. This gives Sherrifs a reason to stay, so they don't roll sherrif again.

This also benefits crashes, as they are unintentional you get a "second chance" for the role you crashed as.
Germany loses the world cup. Again. Way to go, lads.
FroggyMaybe
Survivor
Survivor

Postby 405UserNotAllowed » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:41 am

FroggyMaybe wrote:
Algus wrote:

Also a fair point, however i do not think anyone would Crash 3 Tines. Even i dont, and my wifi quality is essentially Like the Router is about to Explode.

Seconly, the reasoning to stay part. As proposed above, highen the chances of the role you left as. This gives Sherrifs a reason to stay, so they don't roll sherrif again.

This also benefits crashes, as they are unintentional you get a "second chance" for the role you crashed as.

I don't know about you, but I used to have massive sync issues with this game. I can still see one of my reports in the trial system when I got force-disconnected as mayor and lost the game. I've had less so far, but it still definitely happens for some people.
In game names when I'm bored.
    Sir Roy Ribbon - A new personal fave
    CloakedSpy - The first I used, (NOT A TF2 REFERENCE)
    The Narrator - For a laugh
    Salt/Pepper - When I'm out of ideas.
    The Law Officer - A good one.
    Captain Longlegs - Arrr! A new personal best! I use this one in the coven only.

I also write songs in deathnotes. And I have the coven.
405UserNotAllowed
Doctor
Doctor

Return to Suggestions