Remove mafioso vs NK stalemate

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Remove mafioso vs NK stalemate

Postby rDelta » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:34 pm

In mafioso vs an NK role in a 1v1, the NK can kill the mafioso unless they DC. So there is no reason to trigger the stalemate detector in those scenarios because there is no stalemate in the first place. The game should just progress as normal and the NK will have to kill the mafioso.
rDelta
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Remove mafioso vs NK stalemate

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:54 pm

I agree. Winning with some oponents still alive is unsatisfying. The stalemate detector should only apply in certain cases. I know it triggers with gf vs. arso too, which is pointless.
Last edited by Joacgroso on Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby James2 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:02 pm

Agreed. Especially in Coven, where it's possible the Mafioso could have a trap on them, which would make the Mafioso the rightful winner.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:03 pm

Traps are a separate theme, but yeah its a shame that they are not considered in the detector because they can really reverse the game

And yeah the mafioso NK stalemate is also dumb
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby alex1234321 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:32 pm

If there's no trap then the NK should just get the win imo. No reason to waste the extra 2 minutes waiting for the inevitable to happen. I like to stick around when I die and I'd rather not have to wait extra time to collect my loss.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:40 pm

I think games are more satisfying when only one faction remains. But the thing is that if the game only continues when there is a trap, then NKs will know wheter the last player is trapped or not, which will lead to them stalling the game for 3 more days.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby James2 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:17 pm

As a general principle, a killer who chooses to draw because they fear possible death should lose.

In the abstract, I don't have a problem with ending games early when the outcome is mechanically certain. But in practice I'm against it, since the level of care required to correctly predict the outcomes is not and has never been observed.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby cob709 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:14 pm

alex1234321 wrote:If there's no trap then the NK should just get the win imo. No reason to waste the extra 2 minutes waiting for the inevitable to happen. I like to stick around when I die and I'd rather not have to wait extra time to collect my loss.

But they would know there's a trap if the stalemate detector doesn't goes off, which isn't fair to the trapper and the trapee.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby rDelta » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:45 pm

cob709 wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:If there's no trap then the NK should just get the win imo. No reason to waste the extra 2 minutes waiting for the inevitable to happen. I like to stick around when I die and I'd rather not have to wait extra time to collect my loss.

But they would know there's a trap if the stalemate detector doesn't goes off, which isn't fair to the trapper and the trapee.

But if the stalemate detector never triggers for NK vs mafioso, the NK wouldn't know if there is a trap or not.
rDelta
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby cob709 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:47 pm

rDelta wrote:
cob709 wrote:

But if the stalemate detector never triggers for NK vs mafioso, the NK wouldn't know if there is a trap or not.

Exactly
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Joacgroso » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:53 pm

Of course, there's also the option to make the trapped person automatically win instead of the NK.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:05 pm

Joacgroso wrote:Of course, there's also the option to make the trapped person automatically win instead of the NK.

Thats what I was thinking
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Joacgroso » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:15 pm

That seems like the logical choice, though as I said I think it's more satisfying if the game finishes properly instead.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Return to Suggestions