Important Suggestion for the Future of ToS

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Important Suggestion for the Future of ToS

Postby James2 » Sun May 09, 2021 1:36 pm

Since the devs are going to be devoting their time and energy to making an Among Us ripoff, I take it that ToS won't continue to be regularly updated. To keep the game playable, I propose the following:

1. The devs should entrust ToS to a volunteer. You want someone who plays, is good at, and cares about the game, so a high elo player who's also active on the forums would be preferable. Give this person complete operational control over the game while they focus on the new one.

2. Clean up any obvious security flaws in the game's source code and then publish it. With the game open source it can be maintained indefinitely without requiring any work from the devs. And in any case, relying on code secrecy is a bad practice.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Re: Important Suggestion for the Future of ToS

Postby Joacgroso » Sun May 09, 2021 4:09 pm

I don't know if elo should be a deciding factor. Isn't everyone who tried high elo at this point?

I like the idea of an active player managing ToS, but I don't know the implications that would have for BMG.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby SilverCruz » Sun May 09, 2021 4:21 pm

A more immediate thing would be to dispose of Ads For Plays immediately.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Joacgroso » Sun May 09, 2021 5:15 pm

I actually think having a dev that prioritizes the game is more important, since it will make other changes quicker.

I don't really know why we are discussing this, though. I really don't see it happening.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby SilverCruz » Sun May 09, 2021 6:08 pm

Yeah honestly I'm pretty sure the only reason this game hasn't been shut down is because Ads For Plays still makes some Ad Bucks. I guess Socrates and others like them are pumping in enough Ad Bucks to pay for the server, else this would probably just get shut down for that Among Us ripoff.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Flavorable » Mon May 10, 2021 1:34 am

I mean.. There was quite literally just an update 3 days ago.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kyuss420 » Mon May 10, 2021 3:22 am

Flavorable wrote:I mean.. There was quite literally just an update 3 days ago.

but but but..... it wasnt the update these guys wanted!! So clearly it doesnt count.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Mon May 10, 2021 8:02 am

kyuss420 wrote:

but but but..... it wasnt the update these guys wanted!! So clearly it doesnt count.

did it fix pirate bug?
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Joacgroso » Mon May 10, 2021 11:45 am

There was? I checked patch notes and saw nothing.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Flavorable » Mon May 10, 2021 3:12 pm

Joacgroso wrote:

Not all updates are in patch notes. These were server-side xml-updates.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SilverCruz » Mon May 10, 2021 4:29 pm

Well if it's not in the patch notes then of course everyone missed it.

SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Flavorable » Mon May 10, 2021 4:44 pm

Whether or not some people miss it doesn't negate the fact that the game is still receiving updates. And the Devs have already been working on this expansion for quite a while before even announcing it and they have still updated the game whilst doing so.

I mean, I'm not sure what you guys expect, but I have personally never heard of a company with a good running game just dumping the entire game when making a new one. At a certain point you're just shitting on the Devs for the purpose of shitting on the Devs.

Feedback is one thing, but at a certain point it becomes clear that some of you only post a bunch of shit-posts because the Devs won't implement your suggestions or reply to you.

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SilverCruz » Mon May 10, 2021 6:01 pm

You know, I'm reminded of Ross Scott. He makes internet videos. He doesn't make internet videos with incredible frequency. What he does do is have a live chat every month so that he can keep the people who are interested in his content in the loop about what's going on and why he's not making internet videos faster.

Ross Scott does fine because he is open to communication and clear about why things are the way they are as far as his content is concerned.

BMG, on the other hand, does not communicate with people. You say there was an update, but the last one spoken of on the game launcher is still the one from March, so you're effectively getting upset with people for not knowing something they were never told about. It's not our responsibility to use a crystal ball to learn from the greater cosmos that there was an update.

You and I also have very different definitions of a "good running game". Clearly you've never seen Socrates in-game.

SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby OreCreeper » Mon May 10, 2021 10:09 pm

Flavorable wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:

Not all updates are in patch notes. These were server-side xml-updates.

If the devs did not feel the update was significant enough to be announced, then it was very likely little more than a check-up to make sure the servers were running properly.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby kyuss420 » Tue May 11, 2021 2:22 am

SilverCruz wrote:You know, I'm reminded of Ross Scott. He makes internet videos. He doesn't make internet videos with incredible frequency. What he does do is have a live chat every month so that he can keep the people who are interested in his content in the loop about what's going on and why he's not making internet videos faster.

Ross Scott does fine because he is open to communication and clear about why things are the way they are as far as his content is concerned.

BMG, on the other hand, does not communicate with people. You say there was an update, but the last one spoken of on the game launcher is still the one from March, so you're effectively getting upset with people for not knowing something they were never told about. It's not our responsibility to use a crystal ball to learn from the greater cosmos that there was an update.

You and I also have very different definitions of a "good running game". Clearly you've never seen Socrates in-game.

Well nothings stopping you from finding something else to play. Ross Scott does fine cos people believe whatever bullshit hes throwing at them for being slack, just cos hes ''communicating'' an excuse he can pull off, doesnt make it true, but whatever the f**k he has to do with anything, i have no idea....does he stream ToS or something? I think you have mistaken creating internet videos for ad money with running a small business that produces an online game.

So its agreed, BMGs business model should replicate a you tube producers content release model. Thatll get the suits to listen to your ideas.
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby SilverCruz » Tue May 11, 2021 2:43 am

Oh please, Ross puts more work into his videos than BMG puts into this game. Do yourself a favor, look up Freeman's Mind and Ross's Game Dungeon. Here's a bite-sized taste of the latter, thank me later.

But the name of the game is accountability and communication. The virgin BMG refuses to talk to its playerbase because the forum is "too toxic" (read - not full of blind bootlickers, best I can tell) and wastes everyone's time dragging out the announcement of a new game that nobody wants in a failed effort to drum up hype for something new when this game to this day has major issues from launch which no effort has been made to correct (I still expect that reconnect button to have a joint release with the Leaver Buster and Spoony Movie) on top of newer issues like Ads For Play just opening the door for griefers after it was explicitly said that Free To Play was being stopped to prevent that exact thing from happening, the Chad Ross Scott explains what's going on, why it's going on, and very directly communicates with the people who want to get ahold of him on a regular basis, and they treat him with respect because of that, unlike BMG being completely and shamelessly negligent.

Best I can tell, BMG does not understand how to maintain a game. Ya'know, I don't know how to maintain an online game. So you know what I do? I certainly don't try to run an online game anyway. They need to get over... whatever it is that they're failing to get over, and talk to people, or do something to wash their hands of this. The suggestion given in the front post of this topic, sell the game off to a bigger studio, anything.

I know all this sounds harsh, but it has to be said. This isn't Kindergarten, you don't get rewarded for getting a D- just to spare your feelings. This is business.

SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby kyuss420 » Wed May 12, 2021 2:38 am

I dont think grandfathered accounts gave them any rewards to start with....

But yea, it is a business. But its not your business, so as Ive said times before....how YOU think they should run it is none of their concern. I mean why would they take business advice from you, who clearly has no idea how to maintain an online game, as you just stated? I mean... leave the business decisions to whoever makes them. They gonna make their own choices with their own investment so neither your opinion nor mine nor anyone elses on these forums is going to sway them 1 way or the other. We are not privy to all the information required to make decisions and nor should we be. Customers sure dont make any business decisions where i work, that would be the first way to go bankrupt within a month. ''oh youre paying us $1000 to move something from A to B? What brand of tyres do want on the truck, sir? Is putting it on a trailer being pulled by a Volvo ok sir? or should we go and buy a Mack'' for reals.....
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Fri May 14, 2021 12:35 am

Better solution: WORKSHOP SUPPORT. Add a custom mode, but in addition to the normal custom stuff, there are a list of lobbies, and when you join it, you are required to download the workshop mod. This could change anything from music, to complete role reworks/re balancing, or new roles all together. Look at Gmod. Workshop support singlehandedly kept that game alive to this day with a dedicated fanbase.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby flairric66 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:28 pm

They should probably just entrust one of the people who already work for them with it, if anything.
My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nine Pies.
Rip Hunter wrote:"Well, you really have buggered everything up this time."

Gorilla Grodd wrote:"It is time to Make America Grodd Again."

Squidward wrote:"There are some vikings here to see you."

Chocolate was first made in Southern Mexico/Central America
Darryl Strawberry is a right-fielder who was born on March 12, 1962 in Los Angeles, California.
flairric66
Doctor
Doctor

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:00 am

flairric66 wrote:They should probably just entrust one of the people who already work for them with it, if anything.

no one here works for them...all the mods are volunteers, besides Im pretty sure theyre going to entrust themselves with their own game..... no one in business hands their business over to a customer or someone with no financial interest and says ''heres my investment and livleyhood, run it your way''
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby shapesifter13 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:25 pm

kyuss420 wrote:
flairric66 wrote:They should probably just entrust one of the people who already work for them with it, if anything.

no one here works for them...all the mods are volunteers, besides Im pretty sure theyre going to entrust themselves with their own game..... no one in business hands their business over to a customer or someone with no financial interest and says ''heres my investment and livleyhood, run it your way''

^ Pretty much this. This would never ever happen.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby OreCreeper » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:13 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:

^ Pretty much this. This would never ever happen.

well, ye but it wouldn't exactly be your livelihood anyway since you're ceasing to work on it completely from now on to focus on TIS.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby shapesifter13 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:23 pm

We have not ceased work on ToS.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby SilverCruz » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:18 pm

You sure as hell ceased talking to people on a regular basis.

SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:21 pm

To be honest, I don't think we should attack the devs every time they speak up. This just encourages them to stay away from the community.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Next

Return to Suggestions