A warning about referral codes

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

A warning about referral codes

Postby Achilles » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:00 pm

Even though I felt that it was very clear the rules around players being responsible for who they refer I would like to show an example of why you don't post your referral codes on random forums, not even our Steam forums.

The following user: lebujamiz posted their referral codes on Steam

They were redeemed by
+-------------------+----------------------+----------------------+------+---------------------+----------------------------+
| IRAPEGIRLSANDABUSE49 | 2018-11-29 20:18:08 |
| BlackLivesDestructor | 2018-11-30 01:08:54 |
| w | 2018-11-29 19:41:12 |
| LexiamDumbNiqqer | 2018-11-29 19:41:50 |
| BlackLivesStiffer | 2018-11-30 01:12:03 |
+-------------------+----------------------+----------------------+------+---------------------+----------------------------+

These are known botter names. I have banned all of these referred accounts, each referred account banned is a suspension to the main account, thus lebujamiz has passed the 4 maximum suspensions and is now permanently banned.

DO NOT post your referral codes for random people to use. You have to click "Agree" to the rules about being responsible for your referrals to even get any codes. We will try to make the text on the popup stand out more but theres only so much we can do.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Re: A warning about referral codes

Postby greenrabbit7 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:41 pm

Is there a way for him/her to get unbanned?
greenrabbit7
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Jerme » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:56 pm

greenrabbit7 wrote:Is there a way for him/her to get unbanned?

I doubt it, as the charges were known to the user. They were informed about the fate of their account if the referred user gets banned.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Flavorable » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:12 am

As an FYI:

I jumped in on the Steam Boards as quickly as I could. So for future reference:

ANY REFERRAL CODES THAT GET POSTED ON THE STEAM DISCUSSION BOARD WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY OUT OF PRECAUTION.

Should any of the codes (in the mean time) get used by random people that get you banned or suspended then it's your own responsibility as there are now warnings ingame, on the official forums and there's even a pinned post on the Steam Boards.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Announcements