Town Traitor Beta Opening Friday!

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Re: Town Traitor Beta Opening Friday!

Postby MysticMismagius » Sat May 09, 2020 8:45 pm

Luxley850 wrote:Realized that I had to make a PTR Account, if anyone in this forum gets an award for being the biggest idiot, I'm right here!
Biggest idiot award goes to a Traitor!BG who protected the Mayor when GF attacked him, leading to both of them getting fucked over.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Chemist1422 » Sat May 09, 2020 8:54 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:
Luxley850 wrote:Realized that I had to make a PTR Account, if anyone in this forum gets an award for being the biggest idiot, I'm right here!
Biggest idiot award goes to a Traitor!BG who protected the Mayor when GF attacked him, leading to both of them getting fucked over.

see I'm pretty sure I only played with you once and you were traitor doctor so I think that implies this happened twice
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby MysticMismagius » Sat May 09, 2020 8:58 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:
see I'm pretty sure I only played with you once and you were traitor doctor so I think that implies this happened twice
It happened when I was playing with Spockus8888, a friend of mine. He was the Witch, and he controlled GF into the Mayor because of the glitch. BG fucked up the plan by protecting the Mayor and it was an easy steamroll for Town from there.

So if you have encountered this then yes, it has happened more than once
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby atrufflewormono » Sat May 09, 2020 9:17 pm

Question, when will Coven Town Traitors be available? Just wondering.
Transcending humanity as you read this. Got a problem?

Ambusher enjoyer

ToS Username: Zerosage
In-game Names- Ixaris, Abyss, Noblesse, Despair, Ochre
atrufflewormono
Jester
Jester

Postby Achilles » Sat May 09, 2020 9:21 pm

atrufflewormono wrote:Question, when will Coven Town Traitors be available? Just wondering.

It's about ready now but I don't think there are enough players on the PTR for both modes to be active. I may have to take away classic tickets when I give out the coven tickets. Not exactly sure yet.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Postby MysticMismagius » Sat May 09, 2020 9:27 pm

Achilles wrote:
atrufflewormono wrote:Question, when will Coven Town Traitors be available? Just wondering.
It's about ready now but I don't think there are enough players on the PTR for both modes to be active. I may have to take away classic tickets when I give out the coven tickets. Not exactly sure yet.
Or perhaps you could just let people run out of tickets naturally for a little while? Eventually Classic games just plain won't fill anymore if you don't give out any more classic tickets.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Poirot633 » Sun May 10, 2020 5:57 am

orangeandblack5 wrote:Exe for NB is not genuinely helpful

Amne is confirmed non-Traitor making it much stronger in this mode than normally

Survivor is just pointless Exe

I'd sub it for Mafioso if we're going to tweak the strength of the best traitors, or a RT otherwise

Still Mystic's first list is basically spot-on

I think adding one more mafia instead of exe would be a terrible idea. Mafia can already have majority by day 3 in this mode with witch, traitor and exe working with them. I like the idea of removing neutrals all together, the focus would entirely be on Town vs maf + traitor, which is great thematically. If witch and exe are removed I could totally see a 4th mafia and an additional RT slot for claim space (or a NB slot).
Poirot633
Executioner
Executioner

Postby joshdabozz » Sun May 10, 2020 8:34 am

Achilles wrote:

achilles this is the best idea, can u possibly do this later today, maybe at noon or 1pm? and refresh tickets to 20.
joshdabozz
Executioner
Executioner

Postby MysticMismagius » Sun May 10, 2020 10:03 am

Poirot633 wrote:
orangeandblack5 wrote:Exe for NB is not genuinely helpful

Amne is confirmed non-Traitor making it much stronger in this mode than normally

Survivor is just pointless Exe

I'd sub it for Mafioso if we're going to tweak the strength of the best traitors, or a RT otherwise

Still Mystic's first list is basically spot-on
I think adding one more mafia instead of exe would be a terrible idea. Mafia can already have majority by day 3 in this mode with witch, traitor and exe working with them. Ummmmmm... my first list specifically removed Witch and Exe (the latter because it was the original premise from Achilles around which I wrote the list and the former because Witch being the only neutral is mega pointless). And the list I wrote which did have these roles also didn't add another maf. Where are you getting this from?

I like the idea of removing neutrals all together, the focus would entirely be on Town vs maf + traitor, which is great thematically. If witch and exe are removed I could totally see a 4th mafia and an additional RT slot for claim space That was the idea (or a NB slot). Removing neutrals altogether means removing neutrals altogether, so no.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Mikowmer » Sun May 10, 2020 10:12 am

So, a couple of things I've noticed. One, exe can have a traitor as a target. Two, after I had a massive lag spike, I lost the background momentarily. It returned at the end of the day phase with the switch to the night background but was still... odd. Screenshot here: https://ibb.co/KVT4stB
Mikowmer
Jester
Jester

Postby atrufflewormono » Sun May 10, 2020 11:23 am

Did anyone receive Coven Tickets? I have three but joshdabozz is telling me no one else can get in.
Transcending humanity as you read this. Got a problem?

Ambusher enjoyer

ToS Username: Zerosage
In-game Names- Ixaris, Abyss, Noblesse, Despair, Ochre
atrufflewormono
Jester
Jester

Postby MysticMismagius » Sun May 10, 2020 11:27 am

I haven't gotten them yet.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby joshdabozz » Sun May 10, 2020 11:27 am

me and imkurama got 3 coven tickets @achilles is this a glitch?
joshdabozz
Executioner
Executioner

Postby XStarTheOne » Sun May 10, 2020 11:56 am

Is it too late to register?
XStarTheOne
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby btdmaster » Sun May 10, 2020 2:09 pm

Last edited by btdmaster on Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
btdmaster
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Achilles » Sun May 10, 2020 2:10 pm

joshdabozz wrote:me and imkurama got 3 coven tickets @achilles is this a glitch?

It sounds like you passed the 25 games played threshold and got granted 3 tickets. I'll go ahead and give out coven tickets now.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Postby emslaya » Sun May 10, 2020 3:44 pm

Achilles wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:@Achilles you mention in the OP that Town Traitor will be a weekly rotating mode:
Achilles wrote:What is Town Traitor?
Town Traitor will be a new weekly rotating game mode in which a random member of the Town is selected to secretly join sides with the Mafia/Coven faction.
Currently there are no rotating modes in Classic. Will Town Traitor be the start of rotating modes in Classic, and if so, what will it be rotating with?

Yeah hasn't been added yet. Will rotate with Vampire game mode and maybe some other things (I have an idea for another unique game mode in a few more months)

I'm super excited to have TT be playable outside of PTR, but would be super sad to see DP become unavailable half the time tbh. Not sure what the play rate is compared to other modes, but I mainly play DP/Coven AA atm and know DP has a fairly active player base normally. (The lobbies aren't as fast as Coven AA/Coven rotating modes but they are still fairly fast unless it's like the middle of the night or something.)

Does anyone play rapid mode? That might be a permanent classic mode to consider possibly phasing out in the future. I'm definitely a bit biased though as I don't want DP to become a rotating mode lol.
Join ToS Friends!

ToS Friends is a community of friendly folks who ❤️ Town of Salem. The server features opt-in lobby pings to fill your ToS games faster, (which is super helpful for filling certain gamemodes), & also often dabbles in party games like Jackbox, BGO, etc together!

Join & make more ToS Friends!: http://www.discord.gg/tosfriends

Disboard: http://www.disboard.org/server/709446612728021033
emslaya
Witch
Witch

Postby MysticMismagius » Sun May 10, 2020 3:54 pm

Minor graphical glitch: I saw the Traitor's role as red in-game, despite being in Coven. When I pointed this out, the Traitor insisted that they were purple.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby joshdabozz » Sun May 10, 2020 3:58 pm

@achilles unlike classic TT wheres its like a 60/40, (mafia being 60 and town being 40 ) percent win rate kind of. it seems to me that its more like a 80/20 percent win rate(80 being town and 20 being coven) in coven TT. i believe coven TT needs rolelist tweaking to help the coven. first off replace exe with another neutral, exe has no business being here. second of all replace doc always being there with crus always being there or trapper if crus is too much, and finally make a killing coven role confirmed to be in every game, coven killing is slow, had a cl,hm,necro game as my first one. oh and also make coven traitor purple instead of red.
Last edited by joshdabozz on Sun May 10, 2020 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joshdabozz
Executioner
Executioner

Postby pyroisshy » Sun May 10, 2020 4:00 pm

@achiles i used all my classic tickets and now only have coven tickets. can you do a refresh of classic tickets as well?

PTR:pyroisfly
Last edited by pyroisshy on Sun May 10, 2020 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pyroisshy
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Alexis17 » Sun May 10, 2020 4:40 pm

I've been told to post on the forums a screenshot of the Traitor's role being shown in red in Coven Traitor, even though the Traitor themselves see their role in purple. I hope it's fine to post it here.

https://i.imgur.com/nbx6hYA.png
Alexis17
Jester
Jester

Postby MysticMismagius » Sun May 10, 2020 4:41 pm

Now we gotta wait for Peppermint to show up and post her side
We know this is consistent now, at least
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Timeoutthrowaway » Sun May 10, 2020 4:50 pm

ptr name: NYEHEH
Timeoutthrowaway

Postby Alexis17 » Sun May 10, 2020 5:28 pm

I was playing Coven TT and I got Crusader. The nights I have apparently successfully saved my target from an attack, I received no notification about my target actually being hit. However, I was still able to tell whether my target had visits or not.

Oh, also, I noticed that the Traitor's role seems to still show up in Green in the chat log (second picture). Unsure whether it's intended or not.

https://i.imgur.com/KGM49pD.png
https://i.imgur.com/lqbs0nd.png
Alexis17
Jester
Jester

Postby MysticMismagius » Sun May 10, 2020 8:23 pm

Oi vey, I did not like this role list. It's basically a copy paste of the Classic one, and the Classic role list isn't even that good on the Classic version of the mode.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements