Patch 3.1.13

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Patch 3.1.13

Postby shapesifter13 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:42 pm

Hey Townies,

We have a whole heap of new cosmetic items coming your way! While we have been working on different improvements to our Unity versions of the game our artist has been hard at work on some sweet new cosmetics. We will be making some older cosmetics purchasable with Merit Points , and Taunts will be purchasable with Merit Points now as well! Check out everything that has changed below:

NEW FEATURES
• Cosmetics - Characters: Hex Master, Consort, Hypnotist and Vigilante.
• Cosmetics - Pets: Owl.
• Cosmetics - Houses: Aquarium, Sphinx, and Tipi.
• Cosmetics - Backgrounds: Alien, Army, and Construction.
• Cosmetics - The following are now purchasable with Merit Points: Crusader, Poisoner, Medusa, and all Taunts.

IMPROVEMENTS
• Game - Role Card - When dead, the empty role card now includes a transparent tombstone graphic.
• Game - Mobile only - the copy button visible on each chat log entry has been removed .To copy a chat message, simply press and hold the message until the message is copied.
• Game - For the Vampire Hunter, overheard vampire chats now have a unique style.

BUG FIXES
• Burger Menu - Help button now properly directs to FAQ page.
• General - Updated support email address to support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com
• General - Mobile - Background music/sounds from other applications are now allowed to play again. Play your own music again!
• General - Mobile - Fixed logging out via burger menu sometimes resulting in Disconnected popup.
• Login - Fixed stutter when music starts to play.
• Home Live Tile - Fixed card game (NSFW) missing Spanish translation.
• Friends - Online friends light pip now properly changes to green (online) after they leave a game.
• Pick Names screen - (Spanish Mobile) - fixed screen header text improperly wrapping.
• Pick Names screen - Mobile - moved name input up even more because it still overlaps chat on iPhoneX.
• Game - Fixed the Chat filter potentially showing misleading information to Vampire Hunters.
• Game - Fixed issue with Last Will improperly allowing some rich text markup (like red or green text, for instance). This was not compatible with all clients.
• Game - Mobile - Last Will Close Without Save button is fixed to no longer send will to chat.

CRASH FIXES
• Disk full errors are handled better and reported to the player to take action.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Re: Patch 3.1.13

Postby MysticMismagius » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:52 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:• Game - Fixed issue with Last Will improperly allowing some rich text markup (like red or green text, for instance). This was not compatible with all clients.

I really, really wanted this to be kept
Please reconsider
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby TurdPile » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:04 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:
shapesifter13 wrote:• Game - Fixed issue with Last Will improperly allowing some rich text markup (like red or green text, for instance). This was not compatible with all clients.

Please reconsider

It's an issue from a security standpoint. There's a reason why games don't allow it.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Postby JahMakin » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:47 pm

Hooray! More Cosmetics sounds like more money for BMG in lieu of a dying playerbase.
*stamps approval*
JahMakin
Executioner
Executioner

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:29 pm

JahMakin wrote:Hooray! More Cosmetics sounds like more money for BMG in lieu of a dying playerbase.
*stamps approval*

For something they've done since day one? Okay then. :|
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jerme » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:55 pm

Please keep in mind that the creation of cosmetics does not require a developer, thus it does not affect the speed how the game is coded.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby JahMakin » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:15 pm

Naru2008 wrote:
JahMakin wrote:Hooray! More Cosmetics sounds like more money for BMG in lieu of a dying playerbase.
*stamps approval*

For something they've done since day one? Okay then. :|

Yes.

I certainly wouldn't give them a stamp of approval for fixing all of the stream crashes on lobby creation once this patch was pushed to the server.... because that probably won't happen.

(plus playing with a town of half default names who have disconnected is preferable.
JahMakin
Executioner
Executioner

Postby woahah » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:40 am

Actually really good. The rich text wasnt actually as bas you think, i found that most tags are just not accepted and only color, size, b, and i, worked and i never got font to work properly.
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby PrincessKira » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:27 am

Great changes. Honestly, I was kind of scared when I saw a player with a coloured last will. The text changing thing does not really fit ToS.
Joined Oct. 2014 - Master Elo player, not like it means anything nowadays. :)
PrincessKira

Postby kikiyanah » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:04 am

okay so, im new here but why on this patch, a lot of players in queue are afk'ing? I hope ya'll fix this cause I can't play a game where I'm not having fun because it's always a quick game?
kikiyanah

Postby HellnoRO » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:30 am

you killed this game
HellnoRO
Jester
Jester

Postby aekaekaek » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:36 am

can u please take care an email that i send from [redacted[
so i can take my account back and play from pc i beg u
aekaekaek

Postby EqsyLootz » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:24 pm

Since the patch, there has been many crashes on Unity. How long till that is going to be fixed?
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby shapesifter13 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:39 pm

Any issues crashes on Unity should be automatically recorded for us to look through. We are at an all time low % of crashes, but they do still occur from time to time for certain users, or in certain situations.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:24 pm

aekaekaek wrote:can u please take care an email that i send from [redacted[
so i can take my account back and play from pc i beg u

Please don't post your email on a live public forum. This is for your safety. I've removed the email.

If you've sent an email in to support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com, Shapesifter will get to it when he can. Please stay patient. Thanks.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SlicaAndPina » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:06 am

MysticMismagius wrote:

Please reconsider

TBH They should keep it removed, because the way it was had a few problems:

- Formatted wills would show up as a markup language mess and be hard to read on web version
- Pressing the "Copy to Chat" would copy the whole thing with the formatting codes still present leading to a bunch of markup syntax
- You could write info into your will that only players using Web would be able to read, by simply incasing it in <mark> or <size=1> since web cant see the formatting-
- It was impossible to remove the formatting codes from your will without erasing the entire thing.
- Only worked in wills, couldnt format Death Notes or Notes,
- No max or min font size, so you could break the UI.

there possibly are security issues as well depending on what markup options where avalible. . (eg, if there was one for executing scripts or something, that would be bad..)

if there where to add it back then they should make it an offical feature, (that works on all versions of the game..)
SlicaAndPina

Return to Announcements