Retributionist Glitch

Post any known bugs here!

Retributionist Glitch

Postby Xvarnah » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:02 am

Finished a game of Lovers Mode a short while ago.

On night 2 the Retibutionist in the game resurrected a Bodyguard (Character named Strain). This is not so unusual since that's what Rets do, but immediately following this on night four the Retributionist somehow also brought back the town Medium (Player named Pikachu).

Retributionist is a unique role but just in case I did double-check the post-game credits and there was only one Retributionist listed so somehow a single retributionist got to resurrect two different people in a single game.

You can see the Rez messages in the photo (I removed some non-relevant town-chatter between the two). Sorry for the crappy quality.

https://s12.postimg.org/ebs3fg4n1/resur ... 225629.jpg
When you swim in the Creek
And an eel bites your Cheek
- That's a-moray
Xvarnah
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Retributionist Glitch

Postby Jerme » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:51 am

That is interesting...
Has the Retri said something regarding that?
Do you know if they were Pirated n2?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Xvarnah » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:24 am

Jerme wrote:That is interesting...
Has the Retri said something regarding that?
Do you know if they were Pirated n2?

In regards to the pirate, the pirate was my lover that game and they were lynched day 2. I'm not 100 % clear on whether they duelled the bodyguard or the psychic n1 I just know they won. They didn't duel anyone else due to them being dead (which is reasonable).

As for the retributionist they didn't say much at all. The town already had narrowed down who the evils were and by the time the second person was resurrected they only had one evil left to lynch.

The entire rest of the chatter in it is more or less composed of people going "wtf," "how did you do that??" "glitch?" etc

The ret themself just said it must be a glitch and then tried to convince the town not to lynch the evil person so the game could continue and they could try and rez more people (the town lynched regardless and the game ended after that).
- That's a-moray
Xvarnah
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:49 am

Well, I heard that the lynched Pirate still visits the target they selected at said day, thus it could correlate that the Ret was the attempted n2 target of the Pirate.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Xvarnah » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:20 am

Jerme wrote:Well, I heard that the lynched Pirate still visits the target they selected at said day, thus it could correlate that the Ret was the attempted n2 target of the Pirate.

Really? I've never seen that glitch. I know guardian angels and werewolves are still able to select targets after death although nothing comes of it.

In this case, however, I don't think the pirate was a factor.

The BG died n1 (I can't recall if they were protecting someone or not).

The pirate in the game was called out by a tracker day 2 and they left after being lynched (I died the night after due to being their lover). They didn't pick a second target before leaving as far as I know. The same night after the pirate left and i died the retributionist rez'd the bodyguard back. The night following that they rez'd a medium. Pirate was not in the game at all by this point.
- That's a-moray
Xvarnah
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:32 am

Alrght, thanks for the input~

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Bug Reports