Retri with VH turned Vigi not shooting

Post any known bugs here!

Retri with VH turned Vigi not shooting

Postby PhoenixShad0w13 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:59 pm

In a recent game I played, I was a Retri. A VH had turned Vigi N1, due to mafia killing the Vampire. The Vigi shoot a BG on N2. On N3, the Vigi died, of course. On N4, I tried to use a Vigi on a Spy (to clarify, it was me, a jailor, the spy, and a dusa claiming surv left in the game). I got the option to shoot said spy, but they didn't die. We hang the spy, and they were spy. I get jailed, and execute because the game bugged out, and lost the game as a result (the dusa killed the jailor that night).

To be honest, the spy was a newer played, and had no idea on how to scroll back on the chat until I explained it to them. The idea was if they jailor held the 'Surv' N4, I kill the spy, proving myself, and confirming 8.

Can anyone explain to me why the spy didn't die during N4?
PhoenixShad0w13

Re: Retri with VH turned Vigi not shooting

Postby techteen3000 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:26 am

the reason this happened is cause the vh only gets one bullet cant use a dead vigi with 0 bullets
techteen3000
Doctor
Doctor

Postby blackaxe3 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:57 pm

techteen3000 wrote:the reason this happened is cause the vh only gets one bullet cant use a dead vigi with 0 bullets

I don't believe this would be the case because as the retributionist you do see the text "You have decided to shoot whatever player".
My Name Picks:

Royal Match - my default pick
Melon King - when someone named themselves Pumpkin King
Godfather - for role theme or to just bait people
Cottan Mother - to cause confusion
blackaxe3
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Whyton » Sat May 28, 2022 3:25 pm

You have to think of Retri as a CL that can use dead people. When CL witches Vigilante with 0 Bullets they don't shoot because they are out of bullets. This doesn't mean you can't witch/resurrect Vigilante to direct him to somewhere but that his gun had nothing to fire when you made him visit Spy. The message you get by the game when SELECTING your target just tells you what your target will do if it works, that doesn't mean he will actually shoot Spy.
Whyton
Executioner
Executioner

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:08 am

Agreed with the other replies here. The game is meant to intentionally hide if the vigi you're using is actually able to shoot by letting you always select the vigi. It's up to the ret/necro to keep track of how many bullets each vigi has.
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Return to Bug Reports