Weird Ambusher bug/glitch (maybe)

Post any known bugs here!

Weird Ambusher bug/glitch (maybe)

Postby coffeelovinggamer » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:02 am

Ok so unless I missed some part of how the ambusher works, this has to be a glitch, right?

In ranked classic:

So I was invest. D1, vet made very obvious bait - so witch threw me into the vet N1, because of course they did lol.

So D2, I was dead. So far so normal.

On N2.. I was DEAD and could not check or target anyone because, well.. dead. Again, totally fine. I was talking to med, everything was normal.

When the night ended, I got told that I saw the ambusher preparing an ambush while visiting my target - except I didn't have one, cause of the whole being dead thing. So either I've missed something, or that's a nasty glitch cause of course I told the med what I'd seen.

Is that a glitch, or am I just unaware of some part of the game mechanic?

Here's a screen shot:

https://gyazo.com/54f930efc581fd4c36c8e7dabce442fd
coffeelovinggamer
Survivor
Survivor

Re: Weird Ambusher bug/glitch (maybe)

Postby ScarfVendetta » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:40 am

Your corpse was probably used by a Retributionist or Necromancer. Most notifications you would normally receive are instead forwarded to the player controlling you, but for some reason this is not the case for the Ambusher identity notification.
Just some Sheriff who didn't claim until Day 5, and has no leads whatsoever

No need to be alarmed...
ScarfVendetta
Summer 2020 Winner
Summer 2020 Winner

Postby coffeelovinggamer » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:18 pm

Except there wasn't a ret. There was a med and a mayor, and there's no necro in classic ranked
coffeelovinggamer
Survivor
Survivor

Postby WildCard65 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:04 am

coffeelovinggamer wrote:Except there wasn't a ret. There was a med and a mayor, and there's no necro in classic ranked

For situations like these, it's always helpful (to the point where it should be mandatory) to provide us with the entire role list after the game ended so we can review what roles were in play and accurately debunk possibilities. As it currently stands, we can only speculate that there was a Retributionist in play, but either died cleaned/forged/lived to see Town's victory.
WildCard65
Doctor
Doctor

Return to Bug Reports