Abnormal Disconnection.

Post any known bugs here!

Abnormal Disconnection.

Postby Gurrrl » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:39 am

Hii.
I used to play ToS on Chrome (version 86.0.4240.75) and it used to work just fine, but since today I am not able to login anymore. The error message says "Abnormal disconnection." everytime I try to login. Unfortunately, I have received the same error on Edge (version 86.0.622.38). I have tried to clear cache as well, but nothing changed.
So, I checked the Guide to login issues and I am still not able to find a solution for my problem. Any idea?
Last edited by Gurrrl on Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gurrrl
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Abnormal Disconnection.

Postby DanijelNakov » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:52 am

same here... I dont know what to do...
DanijelNakov

Postby Gurrrl » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:35 am

Oh, it seems like it fixed itself. I am now able to login again.
Thread can be closed/archived.
Gurrrl
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Gurrrl » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:57 am

Oh see ... its back again today. It begins around 12pm (UTC+2) and yesterday it ended around 3pm (UTC+2). Are the servers buggy at that time?
Gurrrl
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby tequilla22 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:34 am

hello, i have the same problem i can't connect
tequilla22

Postby Deadjester70 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:11 am

it seems there aren't any mods or devs....it's been an ongoing issue for a while yet no response from TOS team that i could find. I'm about to give up and uninstall. :/
Deadjester70
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Gurrrl » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:32 am

And it works again at 2:30pm (UTC+2) ... so its some kind of server failure for around 2-3hours.
Gurrrl
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Kyosji » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:39 am

Deadjester70 wrote:it seems there aren't any mods or devs....it's been an ongoing issue for a while yet no response from TOS team that i could find. I'm about to give up and uninstall. :/

Seems like a childish reason to uninstall a game. Game has been going on for years with minimal downtime, and when they run into a small issue that happened briefly for a couple of days you want to uninstall?
Magic is distilled laziness. Put that on my gravestone.
Kyosji
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Gurrrl » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:56 am

It kicked me out twice in the last hour (4-5pm UTC+2) and now it shows "Abnormal disconnection" again.
Gurrrl
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby zerofsalemX » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:04 am

Gurrrl wrote:It kicked me out twice in the last hour (4-5pm UTC+2) and now it shows "Abnormal disconnection" again.

I'm getting the same problem
zerofsalemX
Jester
Jester

Postby TheUltimateCake » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:03 pm

It's something with the servers, they're being ddosed right now. This isn't anything to do with BMG, but with the third party company running the servers. If you look around reddit or discord you can see it happening to others.
TheUltimateCake
Survivor
Survivor

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:45 pm

This should be resolved.

Developers are monitoring the situation and haven't seen anything new all afternoon and evening.

If this starts up again please let us know and we'll pass it along to the Developers.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mythical124 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:25 pm

LevinSnakesRise wrote:This should be resolved.

Developers are monitoring the situation and haven't seen anything new all afternoon and evening.

If this starts up again please let us know and we'll pass it along to the Developers.

My friend has this same problem again today. When he starts up a ranked game after the queue hits 0 sec it stays on 0 sec and he gets disconnected from the game. Any fix to this?
Mythical124

Postby Gurrrl » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:12 pm

The Abnormal Disconnection Bug is back. It happened to me over the past few days ...
Gurrrl
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby jesterclaim » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:32 pm

First login to the forums is to talk about this. I have been playing quite a bit and this hasn't happened before- I also get "chrome ran out of memory" which I haven't ever had before the new ranked season.
jesterclaim

Postby Abelisk » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:56 pm

I posted on the other thread, but the reason why this is occurring is the game wants the player to change their password but I guess due to a cookie-related issue, it isn't displaying for some people. I recommend clearing history and cookies from your computer, then retrying.
Abelisk
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Kyosji » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:39 am

Honestly, if BMG isn't going to punish game leavers, they should remove the lost elo for quitting the game. Having us lose elo on the abnormal disconnections, and in such a high amount, is punishing the legit players more than the quitters.
Kyosji
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:00 pm

Kyosji wrote:

Honestly, if BMG isn't going to punish game leavers, they should remove the lost elo for quitting the game. Having us lose elo on the abnormal disconnections, and in such a high amount, is punishing the legit players more than the quitters.

Hi there.

The specific issue regarding the reason the thread was created was indeed fixed. However Abnormal Disconnections are multiple issues, not just one. The Developers are constantly working on fixing multiple Abnormal Disconnection reasonings, however to punish Ranked players by allowing Leavers to stay at their ELO without losing any, would actually be punishing you guys more than having you guys lose ELO here and there due to something out of everyone's control.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby spiraboo » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:31 pm

LevinSnakesRise wrote:
Kyosji wrote:

Hi there.

The specific issue regarding the reason the thread was created was indeed fixed. However Abnormal Disconnections are multiple issues, not just one. The Developers are constantly working on fixing multiple Abnormal Disconnection reasonings, however to punish Ranked players by allowing Leavers to stay at their ELO without losing any, would actually be punishing you guys more than having you guys lose ELO here and there due to something out of everyone's control.

The punishment is too harsh for the frequency of the disconnection happening.

I lost 30 yday on a game I was about to win due to a disconnection, and I lost another 30 today disconnected as jailor (with 2 mafia dead D3, so looking very good for town - they must be furious with me....) This is not even counting the disconnection I'm experiencing after I'm dead, or the lags that are happening every so often which made me extremely nervous.

I'm 60 ELO down within 2 days , back in the hell hole where I'm being lynched with a town majority as a confirmed veteran....

Please fix it asap or soften the punishment until you've fixed it. It's very disheartening for anyone who's trying to climb up the ladder :( :( :(

I'm very much ready to go back to just playing coven all any at this point
spiraboo
Jester
Jester

Postby Kyosji » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:07 am

LevinSnakesRise wrote:
Kyosji wrote:

Hi there.

Punishment is too much. When you get 3-7 elo for a win, and sometimes more for a loss, having to recover that 30 elo lost takes forever. Sometimes I sit there and wonder if it's even worth bothering with, considering the ranked rewards aren't at the par they once were.

I love this game, but the punishments for things we aren't even responsible for are insane and very hard to recover from.
Kyosji
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby spiraboo » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:24 pm

Thought I'd give it another go since a patch was released to address some of the connection issues.

Endured 2 really stupid games where I lost (Elo hell is rough.)

Finally a game where my faction was about to win, lynched GF - abnormal disconnection. So I'm sinking deeper and deeper into ELO hell...

I'm playing on the browser for convenience but I do own the steam version - would it be any more stable there or is there no difference?
spiraboo
Jester
Jester

Postby Zusmoariku » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:32 am

I´m having the same problem, I get the abnormal disconnection message while in-game, the last time being ten minutes ago. This is the third time in the last days, and I´m playing ranked. I lost a total of 90 ELO because of it, and contacted the support last week but I have no answer yet. Is there a way to get that ELO back other than playing? Because it´s not my fault the servers are over-crowded as I´ve read on the "Most common bugs that aren´t actually bugs" thread. It takes a lot of time and some luck to earn that much ELO, I hope this issue gets solved soon.
Zusmoariku

Postby spiraboo » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:34 pm

Zusmoariku wrote:I´m having the same problem, I get the abnormal disconnection message while in-game, the last time being ten minutes ago. This is the third time in the last days, and I´m playing ranked. I lost a total of 90 ELO because of it, and contacted the support last week but I have no answer yet. Is there a way to get that ELO back other than playing? Because it´s not my fault the servers are over-crowded as I´ve read on the "Most common bugs that aren´t actually bugs" thread. It takes a lot of time and some luck to earn that much ELO, I hope this issue gets solved soon.

It's been a lot better for me since the patch that addressed couple of issues on disconnections. I've also adapted a habit of refreshing the page so the game relaunches if the rank queue is longer than 1min30. (I work with Unity webgl in my day job, I know how flaky it can get over time...)

This seems to have worked well for me, and *touch wood* I haven't had a single abnormal disconnection since. might worth a try if you're struggling
spiraboo
Jester
Jester

Postby Zusmoariku » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:21 am

spiraboo wrote:
Zusmoariku wrote:I´m having the same problem, I get the abnormal disconnection message while in-game, the last time being ten minutes ago. This is the third time in the last days, and I´m playing ranked. I lost a total of 90 ELO because of it, and contacted the support last week but I have no answer yet. Is there a way to get that ELO back other than playing? Because it´s not my fault the servers are over-crowded as I´ve read on the "Most common bugs that aren´t actually bugs" thread. It takes a lot of time and some luck to earn that much ELO, I hope this issue gets solved soon.

It's been a lot better for me since the patch that addressed couple of issues on disconnections. I've also adapted a habit of refreshing the page so the game relaunches if the rank queue is longer than 1min30. (I work with Unity webgl in my day job, I know how flaky it can get over time...)

This seems to have worked well for me, and *touch wood* I haven't had a single abnormal disconnection since. might worth a try if you're struggling

Thanks a lot, I´ll have to try that.
Is there any chance to recover that lost ELO by contacting with the support or something?
Zusmoariku

Postby YukkiAmano » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:32 pm

I just got the abnormal disconnection while in game. We just had to find the Witch or lynch the Vig. It was perfect game, because only evil roles got killed. Instead of getting ELO, I lost them.
YukkiAmano
Jester
Jester

Next

Return to Bug Reports