Pirate Roleblocking Coven Leader

Post any known bugs here!

Pirate Roleblocking Coven Leader

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:33 am

Pirates roleblock seems to be over riding the Coven Leaders roleblock immunity. A few regulars have said its been happening for weeks now

This wasnt the case before the ret/necro/witch/CL update, while the CL did get attacked by pirate and forced to play the mini game, they could still control their target through the pirates RB ability.

Is this a bug or intended with the update?
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
User avatar
kyuss420
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 am
Location: Im here

Re: Pirate Roleblocking Coven Leader

Postby WildCard65 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:23 pm

It seems Pirate is able to partially override roleblock immunity. I was about to file a bug report for Pirate + Escort, but this one is related.
Screenshot
WildCard65
Civilian
Civilian
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Re: Pirate Roleblocking Coven Leader

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:19 am

WildCard65 wrote:It seems Pirate is able to partially override roleblock immunity. I was about to file a bug report for Pirate + Escort, but this one is related.
Screenshot


Pirate and escort are both roleblock immune, they cant RB each other... the other issue is that theres a lot of new players who think they cant override the pirates RB, so they dont bother targeting if they get pirated.

This isnt the case with CL tho, because many pro CLs have been complaining about it...
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
User avatar
kyuss420
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 am
Location: Im here

Re: Pirate Roleblocking Coven Leader

Postby WildCard65 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:45 pm

kyuss420 wrote:
WildCard65 wrote:It seems Pirate is able to partially override roleblock immunity. I was about to file a bug report for Pirate + Escort, but this one is related.
Screenshot


Pirate and escort are both roleblock immune, they cant RB each other... the other issue is that theres a lot of new players who think they cant override the pirates RB, so they dont bother targeting if they get pirated.

This isnt the case with CL tho, because many pro CLs have been complaining about it...


Allow me to summarize the screenshot in three simple sentences since you didn't bother to look at it:
  • Pirate pirated the Escort, Escort lost to Pirate. Escort is roleblock immune.
  • Escort "roleblocked" the Mafioso. I spotted the Escort visitting the Mafioso. (I was Lookout)
  • Mafioso murdered the Mayor.
WildCard65
Civilian
Civilian
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Re: Pirate Roleblocking Coven Leader

Postby techteen3000 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:57 pm

Pointing out that coven leader is also roleblock immune so this has to be a bug
techteen3000
Spy
Spy
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: Pirate Roleblocking Coven Leader

Postby kyuss420 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:55 am

ahh so escort visited, but did no action
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
User avatar
kyuss420
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 am
Location: Im here

Re: Pirate Roleblocking Coven Leader

Postby ScarfVendetta » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:59 am

I have encountered many similar cases of this bug recently. If an Escort or Transporter is duelled by a Pirate, they can still select their targets as normal, but their role block or transports will not take effect. The visits will still be registered by roles such as Medusa or Trapper, which can lead to confusing consequences.


Case #1: An Escort (pirated) is stoned by the Medusa they visited Night 2. Their role block didn't occur, but their visit did.
Spoiler: Image
Image

Link to full uncropped screenshots here: https://imgur.com/gallery/PwOk4em


Case #2: A Transporter (pirated) selects to transport two players, both of whom were town. Both players claim that they did not receive the transport notifications.
(I made my target selection long before the night was about to end, for those wondering if that could be the cause)
Spoiler: Image

Image

Link to full uncropped screenshots here: https://imgur.com/gallery/EYr2tiR



This issue definitely affects Coven Leader, Transporter and Escort (presumably Consort too). It's likely that the issue might extend to other roles with "role block immunity" such as Retributionist, Necromancer, Pestilence and Veteran, although I haven't yet had the chance to observe these scenarios.
Just some Sheriff who didn't claim until Day 5, and has no leads whatsoever

No need to be alarmed...
User avatar
ScarfVendetta
Summer 2020 Winner
Summer 2020 Winner
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:52 pm
Location: Essex, England

Re: Pirate Roleblocking Coven Leader

Postby techteen3000 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:15 am

Vet is still immune i killed a pirate dueling me
techteen3000
Spy
Spy
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: Pirate Roleblocking Coven Leader

Postby techteen3000 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:46 pm

Just had this happen to me retri is affected by pirates super roleblock
techteen3000
Spy
Spy
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: Pirate Roleblocking Coven Leader

Postby sarysa » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:36 am

I can confirm this is happening for CL and Transporter.

This is absolutely toxic for VIP mode. The Pirate is now able to near-completely shut down the coven. VIP mode has always been challenging for coven with a high skill requirement, but having a neutral be able to shut down the CL has swung the balance in Town's favor. Just getting pirated N1 as CL is basically a loss waiting to happen, as that's when the most critical coven actions tend to occur.
Image
Favorite roles: Jailor, Executioner, Consigliere, Witch, Coven Leader, Guardian Angel
Least favorite: Framer, Disguiser, Jester
Most broken IMO:
Jester - Revert the 2.3.0 patch, give a swiss army knife of nighttime annoyance (ala Potion Master) to aid in fooling the town. Just some kind of agency.
Psychic - Game-breaking enough that I made a thread about it.

VIP - The one true mode.
sarysa
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Pirate Roleblocking Coven Leader

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:25 pm

sarysa wrote:I can confirm this is happening for CL and Transporter.

This is absolutely toxic for VIP mode. The Pirate is now able to near-completely shut down the coven. VIP mode has always been challenging for coven with a high skill requirement, but having a neutral be able to shut down the CL has swung the balance in Town's favor. Just getting pirated N1 as CL is basically a loss waiting to happen, as that's when the most critical coven actions tend to occur.


Yep, lost 3 games yesterday because CL was randomly pirated at a crucial moment. The pirate wasnt even purposely siding town.. Couldnt even save the games because CL was lynched next day each time.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
User avatar
kyuss420
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 am
Location: Im here

Re: Pirate Roleblocking Coven Leader

Postby sarysa » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:18 am

kyuss420 wrote:
sarysa wrote:I can confirm this is happening for CL and Transporter.

This is absolutely toxic for VIP mode. The Pirate is now able to near-completely shut down the coven. VIP mode has always been challenging for coven with a high skill requirement, but having a neutral be able to shut down the CL has swung the balance in Town's favor. Just getting pirated N1 as CL is basically a loss waiting to happen, as that's when the most critical coven actions tend to occur.


Yep, lost 3 games yesterday because CL was randomly pirated at a crucial moment. The pirate wasnt even purposely siding town.. Couldnt even save the games because CL was lynched next day each time.


Welp, I know this isn't constructive for a bugs post, but I need to say it. I'm done with VIP mode until this is fixed. Having to appease a pirate because of a bug is just too much.

Maybe when VIP can't fill up anymore, they'll fix it. I recommend others who are frustrated by this bug to follow suit.
Image
Favorite roles: Jailor, Executioner, Consigliere, Witch, Coven Leader, Guardian Angel
Least favorite: Framer, Disguiser, Jester
Most broken IMO:
Jester - Revert the 2.3.0 patch, give a swiss army knife of nighttime annoyance (ala Potion Master) to aid in fooling the town. Just some kind of agency.
Psychic - Game-breaking enough that I made a thread about it.

VIP - The one true mode.
sarysa
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Pirate Roleblocking Coven Leader

Postby kyuss420 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:27 pm

sarysa wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:
sarysa wrote:I can confirm this is happening for CL and Transporter.

This is absolutely toxic for VIP mode. The Pirate is now able to near-completely shut down the coven. VIP mode has always been challenging for coven with a high skill requirement, but having a neutral be able to shut down the CL has swung the balance in Town's favor. Just getting pirated N1 as CL is basically a loss waiting to happen, as that's when the most critical coven actions tend to occur.


Yep, lost 3 games yesterday because CL was randomly pirated at a crucial moment. The pirate wasnt even purposely siding town.. Couldnt even save the games because CL was lynched next day each time.


Welp, I know this isn't constructive for a bugs post, but I need to say it. I'm done with VIP mode until this is fixed. Having to appease a pirate because of a bug is just too much.

Maybe when VIP can't fill up anymore, they'll fix it. I recommend others who are frustrated by this bug to follow suit.


Dont worry, they are.... heaps of the regulars are MIA this week..
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
User avatar
kyuss420
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 am
Location: Im here

Re: Pirate Roleblocking Coven Leader

Postby ScarfVendetta » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:43 am

I can now confirm that Pestilence is unaffected by this bug.
Just some Sheriff who didn't claim until Day 5, and has no leads whatsoever

No need to be alarmed...
User avatar
ScarfVendetta
Summer 2020 Winner
Summer 2020 Winner
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:52 pm
Location: Essex, England

Re: Pirate Roleblocking Coven Leader

Postby sarysa » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:06 am

Welp, after my little temper tantrum 2 weeks ago I have something productive to report.

I was in a game where the Pirate bug caused an Escort to get stoned. Here's how it went:
1. Pirate pirated Escort.
2. Escort visited Medusa.
3. Because it seems like the pirate depowers normally immune roles but doesn't stop the visit, the Escort got stoned.

Here are some screenshots:
Stoned claims Escort: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2257415674
Stoned really is Escort: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2257416060
Pirate confirms this (bottom-ish): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2257416963

EDIT
One other thing. No screenshot evidence, but it seems that Necromancer's Ghoul is immune to this bug.
Image
Favorite roles: Jailor, Executioner, Consigliere, Witch, Coven Leader, Guardian Angel
Least favorite: Framer, Disguiser, Jester
Most broken IMO:
Jester - Revert the 2.3.0 patch, give a swiss army knife of nighttime annoyance (ala Potion Master) to aid in fooling the town. Just some kind of agency.
Psychic - Game-breaking enough that I made a thread about it.

VIP - The one true mode.
sarysa
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Pirate Roleblocking Coven Leader

Postby WildCard65 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:18 pm

sarysa wrote:EDIT
One other thing. No screenshot evidence, but it seems that Necromancer's Ghoul is immune to this bug.


If that's true, then it would explain why Veteran is unaffected by this.
My guess: Only visiting roleblock immune roles are affected by this bug while non-visiting ones aren't.

sarysa, can you test (and obtain screenshots) whether or not Necromancer is affected at all, by that I mean with a corpse and with a ghoul.
WildCard65
Civilian
Civilian
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Re: Pirate Roleblocking Coven Leader

Postby techteen3000 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:21 pm

WildCard65 wrote:
sarysa wrote:EDIT
One other thing. No screenshot evidence, but it seems that Necromancer's Ghoul is immune to this bug.


If that's true, then it would explain why Veteran is unaffected by this.
My guess: Only visiting roleblock immune roles are affected by this bug while non-visiting ones aren't.

sarysa, can you test (and obtain screenshots) whether or not Necromancer is affected at all, by that I mean with a corpse and with a ghoul.

Heres the thing ret would have been immune then since they haave a dead town visit they dont visit
techteen3000
Spy
Spy
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: Pirate Roleblocking Coven Leader

Postby sarysa » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:15 pm

WildCard65 wrote:sarysa, can you test (and obtain screenshots) whether or not Necromancer is affected at all, by that I mean with a corpse and with a ghoul.


I don't really have the resources to perform such a test. I'm just passing on an unscreenshotted anecdote from peoples' claims within game. (necro was pirated, both parties agreed this happened, a necro ghoul kill took place)
Image
Favorite roles: Jailor, Executioner, Consigliere, Witch, Coven Leader, Guardian Angel
Least favorite: Framer, Disguiser, Jester
Most broken IMO:
Jester - Revert the 2.3.0 patch, give a swiss army knife of nighttime annoyance (ala Potion Master) to aid in fooling the town. Just some kind of agency.
Psychic - Game-breaking enough that I made a thread about it.

VIP - The one true mode.
sarysa
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Pirate Roleblocking Coven Leader

Postby WildCard65 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:32 am

techteen3000 wrote:
WildCard65 wrote:
sarysa wrote:EDIT
One other thing. No screenshot evidence, but it seems that Necromancer's Ghoul is immune to this bug.


If that's true, then it would explain why Veteran is unaffected by this.
My guess: Only visiting roleblock immune roles are affected by this bug while non-visiting ones aren't.

sarysa, can you test (and obtain screenshots) whether or not Necromancer is affected at all, by that I mean with a corpse and with a ghoul.

Heres the thing ret would have been immune then since they haave a dead town visit they dont visit


Necromancer/Retributionist actually perform a visit when they choose a graveyard role.
That visit is to the corpses they selected, Necromancer's Ghoul on the other hand is a no-visit Astral Attack.
WildCard65
Civilian
Civilian
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Re: Pirate Roleblocking Coven Leader

Postby sarysa » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:33 pm

WildCard65 wrote:That visit is to the corpses they selected, Necromancer's Ghoul on the other hand is a no-visit Astral Attack.


No visit, but it's a physical proxy attack. (astral is named such as it goes through obstacles, ghoul doesn't)

You're probably right in that what makes the difference is that the necro "visits" the graveyard when using actual deads, which would make it vulnerable to the Pirate bug. Necro self-visit might be its own special thing and thereby immune to the bug.
Image
Favorite roles: Jailor, Executioner, Consigliere, Witch, Coven Leader, Guardian Angel
Least favorite: Framer, Disguiser, Jester
Most broken IMO:
Jester - Revert the 2.3.0 patch, give a swiss army knife of nighttime annoyance (ala Potion Master) to aid in fooling the town. Just some kind of agency.
Psychic - Game-breaking enough that I made a thread about it.

VIP - The one true mode.
sarysa
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:09 am


Return to Bug Reports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest