Arsonist Self-Double-Doused Notification

Post any known bugs here!

Arsonist Self-Double-Doused Notification

Postby XxKennyxX » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:51 am

While playing as an Arsonist, in a game with multiple transporters, there was a glitch that had lead to me - incorrectly assuming - that there was more than one Arsonist in the game.
It seems that when a transporter swaps you with your target, and you are dousing them, you are notified that you had been doused.
...Twice.

https://i.imgur.com/WP5GsKU.png

Unfortunately, it's difficult to recreate in-game due to the unexpected ways that things happen - and I failed to secure a screenshot of the role list after the game had ended.
Dummy me.

In my rush to come to the forums for the - ahem.
First time.
...I didn't think about how you might benefit from knowing all the roles, exactly, in that specific game that had been played.
I'm also not a frequent forum-user, so I may take longer than I should to reply, if any extra information be necessary.

Web Browser version, if that's any importance.

The only thing that I'm positive about is that I was the only Arsonist in-game - and I was lead to believe that arsonists had majority - which promptly made me jump at the chance to report an issue.
XxKennyxX

Re: Arsonist Self-Double-Doused Notification

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:01 am

For reference, I’m going to to assume that the bug behind this is that the Transporter can manipulate how the Arsonist passively douses. What I mean by this is, if a Sheriff (Deodat) visits the Arsonist, but a transporter switches Deodat and a Godfather (Ann), then Ann will be doused instead of Deodat. I believe this is the bug.

In this scenario, I can only see 2 situations that support my assumption.

1. The Transporter switched himself with you and you attempted to douse him. Because of this, you doused yourself. However, because the Transporter visited you, they were passively doused. BUT, because they switched themself with you, you were doused a second time instead. Although a Transporter was killed in that image, someone claimed to be transporter twice, so I’m counting this as a possibility (and the main one).

2. A Doctor or Bodyguard attempted to target themself and the Transporter switched them and you, and you tried to the douse the Doc/BG. They switched you and your target, so you doused yourself. However, because the Doc/BG targeted themself, they will instead target you, and be passively doused. HOWEVER, since they were transported with you, you are doused a second time instead. With this theory, however, the Transporter would still be doused.

I’d have to have more details or more examples to make up more stuff. I hope this makes sense.
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby ScarfVendetta » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:04 am

You were doused once by your own ability (doused yourself due to transport), and a second time for visiting an Arsonist (yourself).

Following this logic, you technically were doused twice, so I don't think that this would qualify as a bug.
Just some Sheriff who didn't claim until Day 5, and has no leads whatsoever

No need to be alarmed...
ScarfVendetta
Summer 2020 Winner
Summer 2020 Winner

Postby CheezePie » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:03 am

ScarfVendetta wrote:You were doused once by your own ability (doused yourself due to transport), and a second time for visiting an Arsonist (yourself).

Following this logic, you technically were doused twice, so I don't think that this would qualify as a bug.

Yeah, I figured the same, but it can still cause some confusion. It would be better if it was made clear in some way.
CheezePie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Return to Bug Reports