Cannot paste into web client

Post any known bugs here!

Cannot paste into web client

Postby goobygoobstoonp » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:43 am

Hi all,

I've loaded up Town of Salem on the web client (https://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/) for the first time in a while and have been asked to change my password. This makes sense, as I've not played since the password leak.

The password requirements have been changed and they are frankly ridiculous.

Fortunately, I now use a password manager and I don't have to remember which passwords have to conform to obtuse demands and which don't. However, after generating a compliant password, I found that I was unable to paste it into the web client.

Without being able to paste into at least the password area, I am unable to use my password manager, and thus expose for myself a security risk - probably the opposite of what the new password requirements set out to achieve.

Please fix.
goobygoobstoonp
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Cannot paste into web client

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:17 pm

just think of a password
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: Cannot paste into web client

Postby DocExer » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:14 am

Copy/Pasting does indeed work on the login page on certain browsers, although you will need to grant permissions in the browser for this to be successful. Firefox is an exception, as Firefox restricts access to the system clipboard. However, copy/paste will work internally within Town of Salem, such as copy/pasting from your Will to the chat window.
DocExer
Developer
Developer

Return to Bug Reports