Necro Can't Self-Target

Post any known bugs here!

Necro Can't Self-Target

Postby Superalex11 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:57 am

So at first I wasn't going to post this because I thought the fix to witch hadn't come out yet and that when it did it would have applied to necro as well. But I've just played a witch game where I was indeed able to make my victim target me, so clearly it has.

This report is for the same issue, but for necro.
Evidence: https://i.gyazo.com/0531e26ac1f7004ba39 ... 588a05.png
Soon™
Superalex11
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: Necro Can't Self-Target

Postby DocExer » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:42 pm

@Superalex11, thanks for your feedback. This is actually by design. Necromancer is different than Witch. Necromancers can NEVER target themselves with ghouls or zombies, and can only target their Coven teammates with SAFE zombies. Killer zombies and ghouls can only be used on non-Coven players. Hope this helps to clear it up. Happy hanging!
DocExer
Developer
Developer

Postby Brilliand » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:33 am

DocExer wrote:@Superalex11, thanks for your feedback. This is actually by design. Necromancer is different than Witch. Necromancers can NEVER target themselves with ghouls or zombies, and can only target their Coven teammates with SAFE zombies. Killer zombies and ghouls can only be used on non-Coven players. Hope this helps to clear it up. Happy hanging!

Is this a recent intentional change, or does your "by design" mean "it has always been this way"?

Because your statement sounds more like the latter, but other players are telling me that it wasn't this way in the past, and the Necromancer not being able to self-target is a recent change.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Flavorable » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:41 am

Brilliand wrote:
DocExer wrote:@Superalex11, thanks for your feedback. This is actually by design. Necromancer is different than Witch. Necromancers can NEVER target themselves with ghouls or zombies, and can only target their Coven teammates with SAFE zombies. Killer zombies and ghouls can only be used on non-Coven players. Hope this helps to clear it up. Happy hanging!

Is this a recent intentional change, or does your "by design" mean "it has always been this way"?

Because your statement sounds more like the latter, but other players are telling me that it wasn't this way in the past, and the Necromancer not being able to self-target is a recent change.

It definitely wasn't the case in the past. I've won plenty of games by using a Crus/BG on myself late game in a 1v1.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DocExer » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:53 am

When the Necro secondary targeting menu was refactored, there were bugs fixed as well. Any self-targeting by Necromancer that was possible with the old secondary targeting mechanism was just that, a bug. It now works the way it was always intended to, which is to disallow the Necromancer from targeting themself.
DocExer
Developer
Developer

Return to Bug Reports