Got Results When Reanimated

Post any known bugs here!

Got Results When Reanimated

Postby Fourteen » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:50 am

I (the tracker) died N1, was reanimated by the Necromancer N2, and got the results as if I was alive. This has never happened to me before.
https://imgur.com/a/5N3h9Mk
Fourteen
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Got Results When Reanimated

Postby Brilliand » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:20 am

Wow weird. I guess this means that the patch that gives the Necromancer the results landed?

Still, doesn't seem like a problem to me. It makes a certain amount of sense that the reanimated person would get the results, even if it never happened in the past.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby MysticMismagius » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:33 pm

Brilliand wrote:Wow weird. I guess this means that the patch that gives the Necromancer the results landed?

Still, doesn't seem like a problem to me. It makes a certain amount of sense that the reanimated person would get the results, even if it never happened in the past.
Considering that Achilles said the patch would be coming out "sometime next week" I highly doubt this is the case
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Brilliand » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:22 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:Considering that Achilles said the patch would be coming out "sometime next week" I highly doubt this is the case

Fair enough.

In that case this notification is at least inconsistent, if not particularly harmful.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Fourteen » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:52 pm

Brilliand wrote:Still, doesn't seem like a problem to me. It makes a certain amount of sense that the reanimated person would get the results, even if it never happened in the past.

If there had been a Medium or Retributionist, I could've told Town that there is a Necromancer. I agree that it's not that big of a deal, but if this ends up being a consistent bug it could change the outcome of some matches.

As for it making sense, this time I disagree, considering the fact that in order to be reanimated, you must be dead, and dead people don't get results.
Fourteen
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Brilliand » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:04 pm

Fourteen wrote:As for it making sense, this time I disagree, considering the fact that in order to be reanimated, you must be dead, and dead people don't get results.

Ehh.

Dead people don't get results because they don't do anything. You do get results the night you die, and when you're reanimated it's you there doing the thing, so why shouldn't you know what happened? At least, insofar as a corpse is capable of knowing anything.

Actually, there is one role that can freely act when dead: the Guardian Angel. Does a dead Guardian Angel get notified when he saves his target's life?
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby shapesifter13 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:31 pm

This is something that will be fixed in the next patch. Dead players shouldn't receive feedback anymore after being controlled, instead it will be forwarded to the Necro/Ret.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby kyuss420 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:49 am

Brilliand wrote:
Fourteen wrote:As for it making sense, this time I disagree, considering the fact that in order to be reanimated, you must be dead, and dead people don't get results.

Ehh.

Dead people don't get results because they don't do anything. You do get results the night you die, and when you're reanimated it's you there doing the thing, so why shouldn't you know what happened? At least, insofar as a corpse is capable of knowing anything.

Actually, there is one role that can freely act when dead: the Guardian Angel. Does a dead Guardian Angel get notified when he saves his target's life?

arent angels already dead?
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Brilliand » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:08 am

kyuss420 wrote:arent angels already dead?

I think you're confusing them with ghosts.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Bug Reports