Unity WebGL Crash

Post any known bugs here!

Unity WebGL Crash

Postby ilovepikachu12342 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:57 am

My game has been crashing for weeks now. Out of my last 20 games, I have only been able to play 1 game till the end. I heard somewhere that Unity WebGL doesn't support 32bit, should I stop trying and quit?

here is one of the errors I get when loading up my game:
at the "Loading Characters 77%" part, I receive the error "Uncaught Runtime Error: Memory Access out of bounds"

and also please check this tweet https://twitter.com/JaiF4Head/status/12 ... 1861984256
ilovepikachu12342

Re: Unity WebGL Crash

Postby DocExer » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:25 am

Thanks for reporting this bug. It would be helpful if you could open the Javascript console in your browser when this happens and provide us with the console log. Generally speaking, there will be some kind of indication in the log as to what happened and can help us either to troubleshoot the problem or identify a specific bug that needs to be fixed.

In regards to your question about 32-bit...it's not that WebGL is not supported on 32-bit, its that the individual browsers/OS control the amount of memory they chooses to allocate to WebGL, and on 32-bit systems that memory is generally much less than that available on 64-bit systems with 64-bit browsers. In combination with the amount of free RAM you had when you started the game, can result in not enough memory to run the game. We recommend running Town of Salem on 64-bit systems due to these memory constraints. Its unfortunate for people that are using 32-bit systems, but the world has moved on to 64-bit hardware and operating systems and the trend will continue to make it worse for 32-bit users moving forward.
DocExer
Developer
Developer

Postby Whinelikebears » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:56 am

i am receiving this same error, did you happen to find a solution?
Whinelikebears

Postby ilovepikachu12342 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:39 am

DocExer wrote:Thanks for reporting this bug. It would be helpful if you could open the Javascript console in your browser when this happens and provide us with the console log. Generally speaking, there will be some kind of indication in the log as to what happened and can help us either to troubleshoot the problem or identify a specific bug that needs to be fixed.

In regards to your question about 32-bit...it's not that WebGL is not supported on 32-bit, its that the individual browsers/OS control the amount of memory they chooses to allocate to WebGL, and on 32-bit systems that memory is generally much less than that available on 64-bit systems with 64-bit browsers. In combination with the amount of free RAM you had when you started the game, can result in not enough memory to run the game. We recommend running Town of Salem on 64-bit systems due to these memory constraints. Its unfortunate for people that are using 32-bit systems, but the world has moved on to 64-bit hardware and operating systems and the trend will continue to make it worse for 32-bit users moving forward.

Sorry for the late reply, I don't know if I should start a new post or not but I posted the console logs in the tweet I reckon, maybe you could check that. I've also tried to search for the error in Unity WebGL forums, couldn't find any solution.

btw, this unity webgl game works fine on my 32bit pc: http://beta.unity3d.com/jonas/AngryBots/
ilovepikachu12342

Return to Bug Reports