Can't log into forum with Steam Account

Post any known bugs here!

Can't log into forum with Steam Account

Postby ri0 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:14 pm

Hi. I hope this is the right forum for this. I was going to post into "Steam Bugs", but I have no issue with that client so I am posting it here.

Disclaimer: I am using my original account to post this (I had to make a new one because I couldn't log into the game with this one. I think it was an error with my password. But I can't change the password, either, so I can only use this account on the forums).
Account name in question: riooo

Back to the issue, I can't log into the forum anymore on the account I play the game with. Once I connected it to Steam, it does not work anymore. It gives me a message like "The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator".
I created the account on the browser originally before connecting it to Steam. It logged into the browser once, I was able to play a game on there, but I have not been able to log in since connecting it to Steam. I have only been able to play via Steam now, which is fine. I would just like to be able to access the forums on that account.

I can't even reset my username/email/password to try to fix it because it tells me "The e-mail/username information submitted could not be found".

Is there any way to fix this? Thank you so much in advance.
ri0

Re: Can't log into forum with Steam Account

Postby Jerme » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:28 pm

You can have your activation mail resent by trying this link: ucp.php?mode=resend_act
You would need the mailaddress that you registered your account with. For example could you check your mailaddresses for the registration e-mail that you got sent when creating the account.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ri0 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:33 pm

Sorry this is very late. I signed up through FaceBook so I never got an activation email. I will check again, thank you!
ri0

Postby ri0 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:37 pm

Ok, I checked my email that I use for FB.
It has no emails from Blank Media Games or anything. I don't think I ever got an activation email, but I'm certain I signed up with that account using Facebook.
ri0

Postby Flavorable » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:21 pm

You can contact the Devs at support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com and ask them to create your forum account for you. Be sure to include the proof of purchase for the Steam game, so they know you are the rightful owner of the account.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ri0 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:10 pm

Thank you! I was trying to mail the "board admin" email but it wouldn't work. Will try that now.
ri0

Return to Bug Reports