34 days and still no account access

Post any known bugs here!

34 days and still no account access

Postby nickelrodent » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:04 pm

34 days and i cant get you to associate my email with my account so i can play the game outside of steam....
nickelrodent
Jester
Jester

Re: 34 days and still no account access

Postby Jerme » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:09 pm

Did you message the devs about your issue and have included your username in the mails?
If not, then this could be the issue, as such thing would not magically fix itself.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Terabellum » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:34 am

Jerme wrote:Did you message the devs about your issue and have included your username in the mails?
If not, then this could be the issue, as such thing would not magically fix itself.

Dude... No one expects things to magically fix themselves, I'm also waiting after sending one via the contact form, one directly from my email and also posting on the forums. So far no answer, not even an automated response!
Terabellum
Jester
Jester

Postby MIXTAR » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:21 pm

It was more enjoyable for me to play on mobile when iwas available rather than playing from steam. And my problem is exactly the same with thread owner. I also did not get any answer to my mails and i think devs are not quite able to see that game is dying because of all this email association errors. Even when i tried to play from steam in prime gaming hours we could not start a game in ranked practice lobby which only took 5-10 seconds to be formed before all these problems. So i hope they can fix it soon so that i can gladly continue to play a round of tos before going to sleep.
MIXTAR

Postby Jerme » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:47 pm

@Terabellum: As you were told before - the automated response were turned off due to some issues of mailproviders having eaten it. Did you include your username in your request(s)? If so, I can check for a status.
@MIXTAR: Did you attempt to create a RP lobby in Coven, or Classic? Also: Are you using the English chatlanguage, or a different one? Same question for you: Did you try to contact the devs? When did you do so and did you include your ToS username there?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Terabellum » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:07 pm

Jerme wrote:@Terabellum: As you were told before - the automated response were turned off due to some issues of mailproviders having eaten it. Did you include your username in your request(s)? If so, I can check for a status.
@MIXTAR: Did you attempt to create a RP lobby in Coven, or Classic? Also: Are you using the English chatlanguage, or a different one? Same question for you: Did you try to contact the devs? When did you do so and did you include your ToS username there?

The first mail was via the contact form on the website, I don't think I included much there, the second was via my email and I filled it in as per the example on the forums. Thanks!
Terabellum
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:12 am

The mail was received and he'd be getting to it soonish. Not sure if he already replied, though.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MIXTAR » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:42 pm

Jerme wrote:@Terabellum: As you were told before - the automated response were turned off due to some issues of mailproviders having eaten it. Did you include your username in your request(s)? If so, I can check for a status.

I was playing on English language and the classic game mode not the coven. E mail i sent to info@blankmediagames.com is as follows: Topic: MIXTAR(my username) forced password change

“ Hello, recently when i tried to log in to ToS from my mobile device i had an error stating the need for changing password in order to be able to log in. I had several attempts for it from provided link, unfortunately it says my email is not linked to any accounts in system. When i managed to get a default password change which is basically a random letters and numbers, it insists on asking for password change. Please help

Best Regards”

Should i send another one? Thanks
MIXTAR

Postby Terabellum » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:38 pm

Jerme wrote:The mail was received and he'd be getting to it soonish. Not sure if he already replied, though.

He has still not. Well hopefully soonish will come soon.
Terabellum
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:05 am

@Mixtar: Thanks, I will inquire that status of this.
@Terabellum: I guess the server migration that was prepared and took place might have messed up the schedule.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby nickelrodent » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:34 pm

So i have done as it said 30 plus days ago and have no email associated with my account still. If you could look into this that would be great
nickelrodent
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:19 pm

I've given our community manager a heads up about this.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Terabellum » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:05 am

And here I am still waiting for the soonish to finally arrive... Honestly I dont know how many emails there are but whatever the case is waiting for over a month for a password change not being able to log in in the meantime is just absurd. If you are not capable of handling the problem account by account simply make a tool so we can reset the passwords ourselves!
Terabellum
Jester
Jester

Postby SoyZekken » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:02 pm

Terabellum wrote:And here I am still waiting for the soonish to finally arrive... Honestly I dont know how many emails there are but whatever the case is waiting for over a month for a password change not being able to log in in the meantime is just absurd. If you are not capable of handling the problem account by account simply make a tool so we can reset the passwords ourselves!

I have the same problem. I commented on the forum on January 6 and I still have no answer. :(
SoyZekken
Jester
Jester

Postby MIXTAR » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:20 pm

Terabellum wrote:And here I am still waiting for the soonish to finally arrive... Honestly I dont know how many emails there are but whatever the case is waiting for over a month for a password change not being able to log in in the meantime is just absurd. If you are not capable of handling the problem account by account simply make a tool so we can reset the passwords ourselves!

Im also constantly checking my mails, forum and reset link to try and find a solution but i did not recieve any help whatsoever. I think there is only one guy who is living in his basement and he calls himself blankmediagames. Because i do not have any other possible explanation for keeping all the players who are actively begging for help in all throughout the forum and could not even get a simple mail reply for over 1 month.
MIXTAR

Postby Jerme » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:29 pm

there are more that one person, but one person who is mostly tending mails and social media.
I'll give him a heads up.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Terabellum » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:41 pm

Jerme wrote:there are more that one person, but one person who is mostly tending mails and social media.
I'll give him a heads up.

Thanks for that, but I still believe creating a sub section on the website with a tool allowing us to do it ourselves would really be less of a hassle for both us and the team.
Maybe you can suggest such an idea, given it would be technically possible, of course.
Terabellum
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:15 pm

Such a tool would require much coding and much testing to work properly and only for the real owner of the account instead of someone who happened to know the login. This would delay the unity port too muchto be realized and is not done in a flash.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Superalex11 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:50 pm

Apologies if I'm not supposed to post this in this type of thread, but this has to be said...

Jerme wrote:Such a tool would require much coding and much testing to work properly and only for the real owner of the account instead of someone who happened to know the login. This would delay the unity port too much to be realized and is not done in a flash.

This type of response is what I make reference to when I say the people supporting BMG (admins/judges/whatever) are directly complicit in BMG's behavior and incompetence. A "contact us" form requiring login would not take "much coding". An even simpler design such as one not requiring login, but just giving players another access point for contact (and then, presumably, moving to email) would not be difficult/expensive to implement, and would benefit the players.

Defending BMG in this way, to me, just looks like you're licking their boot.
Soon™
Superalex11
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Jerme » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:36 pm

You are mistaken, the user is not talking about a contact us form, but an own tool to change the mail address to not require email contact to the devs is what I believe the replier suggested and this would take some time. If I missinterpreted the suggestion and a contact us form on itself is wanted, then I am mistaken, as those are usually nearly completely pregenerated in many website tools.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:15 pm

Superalex11 wrote:Apologies if I'm not supposed to post this in this type of thread, but this has to be said...

Jerme wrote:Such a tool would require much coding and much testing to work properly and only for the real owner of the account instead of someone who happened to know the login. This would delay the unity port too much to be realized and is not done in a flash.

This type of response is what I make reference to when I say the people supporting BMG (admins/judges/whatever) are directly complicit in BMG's behavior and incompetence. A "contact us" form requiring login would not take "much coding". An even simpler design such as one not requiring login, but just giving players another access point for contact (and then, presumably, moving to email) would not be difficult/expensive to implement, and would benefit the players.

Hey bud, you might wanna clean your glasses.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Terabellum » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:56 pm

Naru2008 wrote:
Superalex11 wrote:Apologies if I'm not supposed to post this in this type of thread, but this has to be said...

I'm not so sure about that, but you guys might wanna fix your customer support.
Been a gamer for well over 17 years now, I have absolutely never had to wait so long for a simple account issue to be fixed.
Witty responses are awesome, but providing support for the game me and many others bought is also pretty alright.
Terabellum
Jester
Jester

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:42 pm

Terabellum wrote:
Naru2008 wrote:

I'm not so sure about that, but you guys might wanna fix your customer support.
Been a gamer for well over 17 years now, I have absolutely never had to wait so long for a simple account issue to be fixed.
Witty responses are awesome, but providing support for the game me and many others bought is also pretty alright.

We can't fix Developers' issues. We can only assist to our fullest capacity. We can however, apologize on their behalf.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports