Genie (NB)

Old Role Ideas

Vote for the goal

Have 6 masters (if you die and have 6 masters you still win)
13%
Have 4 masters, must survive until the end of the game.
38%
Make this role NE and give it the witch Goal and win condition. (I have to redo the whole role) + makes no sense.
25%
Choose a master to win with. (via a second menu during the day phase, you have to choose between the people you chose as a master for the previous nights) this is kinda broken because the Genie can choose when there are only 4 or 5 players left, but amne can do the same so I don't see a problem
13%
I want to suggest the goal! (reply)
No votes
Help your first master's faction win ( only the master will get notified) - suggested by timurtheking
13%

Total votes : 8

Re: Genie (NB)

Postby GoogleFeud » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:18 am

buuuuumpppp.. I kinda really want more feedback.. especially with the goal... thanks!
GoogleFeud
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Re: Genie (NB)

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:52 am

Something I don't like about this role are the messages it get. If their master wished to transport or roleblock his target, they should get the normal messages ("Someone occuped your night. You were roleblocked!"/"You were transported to another location"). Otherwise their existence would be obvious (if he decides to help evils, they won't reveal his existence).
I'm not sure about the goal. Maybe "find a way to escape from your lamp", which would require to manipulate your masters or something like that. But I have no clues of how to make that. Another wishes could be:
"Try to lynch X tomorrow"/"Genie tries to lynch you"
"Clean X if he dies"/"Genie heals that person"
"Frame X tonight"/"Genie frames his master"
"Please control X into Y tonight"/"Genie controls Y into X?"
"Please douse X tonight"/"Genie douses his master"
"Please steal X tonight" (X loses 1/2/3 abilities if he has limited ones)/ "Genie steals his master"

And some other totally broken wishes that could be aplied if this were changed to NC but are actually jokes:
"Make X and Y fall in love tonight" / "Genie makes his master fall in love with a dead person"
"Make X and Y become enemies tonight"/"Genie makes his master a rival of a member of his faction"
"Help X to play dead" (he will appear as dead the next morning, with a fake role, but will be able to revive the next day)/"Their real role and will are revealed"
"Oh, genie, I wish you to be free!" (genie turns into survivor/leaves the town and wins, while his master turns into a genie)/Genies can't manipulate this because they want to be free.
"Turn X into a monster" (X turns into vamp if it's odd night or ww if it's pair night, and the genie can choose who he will attack that night" (Genies and roles with basic defense are not affected)/ "Genie turns his target into a monster"
"Prevent a lynch tomorrow"/"Genie reveals that his master wanted to prevent a lynch".
Also, this role should be made unique. And there is a problem with it. If he decides to help a killing role, his master will visit him, and therefore the genies will die. I don't think genies should control their target into themselves.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Previous

Return to Role Idea Archives