Information Regarding Appealing

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Information Regarding Appealing

Postby Naru2008 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:26 am

Moderator Message: February 2019 Update:
Validly banned players prior to November 2018 are not eligible for appeal unless they were told to re-appeal in a prior appeal thread.

So you got banned in-game and you want to see if you can get unbanned for whatever possible reason you were banned for? You can post a thread in this forum and find out!

Who can appeal their ban?
Anyone! Anyone, regardless, can attempt to appeal their ban here in this forum. Now does this mean you will be guaranteed a reversal on your ban? No, it doesn't, but by posting an appeal, you get the chance to find out.

Now for obvious reasons, some people will not get a reversal via their appeal, usually because you've done something that was considered bad enough for you to get banned in the first place. For the most part, you were reported multiple times for some pretty terrible stuff. Some of these things include, but are not limited to:
  • Racial/Homophobic Slurs
  • Sexual threats (Rape, etc.)
  • Harassing other users
  • Cheating (Stream-cheating, Game-throwing, Sharing information outside of the game via a third party program, such as Skype, etc.)
  • People who think it's fun to cheat, and think the Moderators can't do anything.
  • People who think they are not bannable and reports do nothing.
  • Continuous spamming and trolling.

Is the ban I received permanent or temporary?
Suspensions are temporary. Any bans issued in-game are permanent. However, an appeal can make your permanent ban a possible temporary ban.
For example, a user who spammed and racked up reports in every game he went into would be more likely to get unbanned via an appeal, rather than a user who has repeatedly spat out racial slurs everywhere they went and harassed and insulted people with those slurs. A user like the later is unlikely to get unbanned because of the nature of the offense, and will most likely get denied. Every case is handled on a case-by-case basis!

Are there temporary bans?
Yes there are! They are called Suspensions. Suspension are given for rules that are broken, but don't warrant a permanent ban. You have three suspensions that can be placed on your account. The first one will result in a one day suspension, the second one will be for 3 days, and he third will be for 7 days (a full week). If you happen to get a fourth suspension, you will be banned by the server.

Great! So how exactly do I appeal my ban?
All you have to do is click 'New Topic' at the top of the Appeals Forum. From there, enter a thread title with the following format:
Appealing: UsernameHere
In your post, explain why you are appealing your ban (i.e: You think it's unfair, you think you were suspended incorrectly, etc). Once you post, TrialBot will come and post your reports on your accounts for us to take a look at, and depending on the severity of your offense(s), you may or may not be granted an appeal. (See above for details on what is likely to get appealed, and what isn't.) TurdPile and Naru2008 is the only staff member able to grant an appeal to anyone. Please do not message other staff members trying to get an appeal, as they cannot grant you one. Also avoid messaging any staff about an appeal unless it's been 24 hours since your post and a staff member has not come around to comment on your appeal. Appeals are dealt with only in this forum, and are not dealt with in PMs!

Can I appeal on behalf of another member?
Apologies, but you cannot. The user who has been banned has to come and appeal their own ban, you or another person cannot do it for them. Any threads created requesting an appeal on behalf of another user will automatically be denied and locked, with a note explaining that the user themselves have to come and post a thread requesting their ban appeal. The thread will later be canned to prevent clutter.

So-and-so used my account and got me suspended or banned. Can I get unbanned?
9 out of 10 times, this will be a no. People often use this excuse to get unsuspended, and we're not likely to give a second chance. You are responsible for what happens on your account, regardless whether you are responsible for what happened in-game to get you reported and suspended. You also aren't allowed to share accounts in the first place, as that alone is in violation of our Terms of Service, and is punishable, so it's all on you to make sure your account is secure, used by you and only you, and make sure it isn't abused.

I feel that TurdPile's or Naru2008's decision about my suspension or ban wasn't fair. What do I do?
Let's talk about what you shouldn't do first. The first thing you shouldn't do is obviously harass either staff member and insult them. The second thing you shouldn't do is create multiple threads in the Appeals forum asking to be unbanned. That will just get your thread locked, and a warning on your account for spam if you create more than 2 threads in total. If you create a third one, you will be given a Board Warning. If you continue after that, you will be temporarily banned from the forums.
Now what you should do is message the one who denied the appeal in the first place and explain to them why you think their decision was unfair and they will talk to you about your suspension. (If a Moderator has denied your appeal on a Hate Speech/Harassment report and your appeal was locked, please message TurdPile or Naru2008.)

UPDATES
5/24/15 Update -
Please do not reply to appeals. This is not a discussion forum. This is for banned users to post asking what they were banned for (if they don't already know) and if they can get an appeal. At this point in time, the Town of Salem Staff are the only ones who are allowed to reply to threads here in the appeals forum, as they can decide whether a user gets an appeal or not. This can change with the release of the Trial System, however, I will repeat, the Town of Salem Staff are the only ones to reply to threads at this current time, so please, do not post in a user's appeal thread. Thanks!

5/29/15 Update -
Most users banned recently were due to harsh, foul language, and the Developers do not believe you should be in this community. You are likely not to get your ban appealed anytime soon, as they don't believe you should be a part of our community if you act this way, and as such, are not focusing their time and energy into appeals at this point in time. If you're suspended, this should be incentive to stop what you're doing before you're banned, as you'd likely be unable to appeal.

8/04/16 Update -
Users are able to appeal their suspensions after a few changes in the way reports are handled. If you'd like to appeal your suspension, feel free to make a post.

1/25/17 Update -
Small change to appeals - You may only appeal limited suspensions if you have a direct case that the suspension was incorrect. If the report/suspension was correct, you must wait out the time; you may appeal these older suspensions later upon a permanent ban if you happen to receive one.

5/02/17 Update -
Please only post in Appeals if you've been banned/suspended. TrialBot will only reply to Appeal threads with Guilty reports. It will not acknowledge 'All' being in posts. You have to PM TrialBot with 'All' in the body of the message in order to get all of your reports. If you're not suspended/banned and you post a thread, your thread will be deleted.

6/09/17 Update -
Please don't post an appeal to find out why you were banned. Please message TrialBot for why you were suspended. It will send you all Guilty reports. It replies in intervals of 5 minutes. (i.e: 7:00, 7:05, 7:10, etc.) If it still doesn't reply, try sending it another message. It should respond the second time. If you want to see all reports and not just Guilty ones, please include 'All' in the body of the message.
Also included what to do if a staff member denies your appeal, and what steps you can take if you really think it was unfair, including what is appropriate and what isn't.

2/10/18 Update -
Judges can now reply to appeal thread to clarify why you have been suspended or banned.

Current approved users who can post on appeals:
DBrock01
Meandrina
madamepancake
ShadowsGather

February 2019 Update:
Validly banned players prior to November 2018 are not eligible for appeal unless they were told to re-appeal in a prior appeal thread.

This post will be updated when more, new information is available on appealing an in-game ban.
Notice: I cannot delete your account, change your email, etc. Please email info@blankmediagames.com for support. Thanks!

BLACKPINK #SaveJennie

K/DA
Naru2008
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Information Regarding Appealing a Ban

Postby Naru2008 » Wed May 13, 2015 12:03 am

May 13, 2015 Update:
The original post has been updated to reflect suspensions and appealing on behalf of other members.
Notice: I cannot delete your account, change your email, etc. Please email info@blankmediagames.com for support. Thanks!

BLACKPINK #SaveJennie

K/DA
Naru2008
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Naru2008 » Fri May 29, 2015 1:34 am

May 29, 2015 Update:
Original post updated to reflect recent ban influx, the reasoning, and the likelyhood of getting your ban appealed at this point in time.

BLACKPINK #SaveJennie

K/DA
Naru2008
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Naru2008 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:13 pm

July 21, 2015 Update:
Original post updated to reflect that there are now a total of 3 suspensions before you're banned. The first is for a day, second is for three days, and the third is for 7 days.

BLACKPINK #SaveJennie

K/DA
Naru2008
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Naru2008 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:45 am

August 8, 2016 Update:
Original post updated to reflect changes in the way reports are handled. Users may now appeal suspensions in the Appeals forum.

BLACKPINK #SaveJennie

K/DA
Naru2008
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Information Regarding Appealing a Ban or Suspension

Postby TurdPile » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:52 am

January 25, 2017 Update:
Small change to appeals - You may only appeal limited suspensions if you have a direct case that the suspension was incorrect. If the report/suspension was correct, you must wait out the time; you may appeal these older suspensions later upon a permanent ban if you happen to receive one.
Do not PM me about your open appeal. It will be ignored.

DISCLAIMER: I am a Moderator of the forums and the game.
I manage the clutter so the developers can do their work.
My voice and my opinions are of my own and shouldn't be taken as the
word of the developers (although I may be slightly more informed of
certain matters). Therefore, rude remarks I may occasionally make
should not impact the reputation of the developers.
Cheers.
TurdPile
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Information Regarding Appealing

Postby Naru2008 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:16 pm

May 02, 2017 Update:
Please only post in Appeals if you're banned or suspended. PM TrialBot otherwise. TrialBot cannot (and will not) post all reports in threads, even if you include 'All' in the body. It has to be done in PMs. Thanks!

BLACKPINK #SaveJennie

K/DA
Naru2008
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Naru2008 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:15 pm

June 09, 2017 Update:
Please don't post an appeal to find out why you were banned. Please message TrialBot for why you were suspended. It will send you all Guilty reports. It replies in intervals of 5 minutes. (i.e: 7:00, 7:05, 7:10, etc.) If it still doesn't reply, try sending it another message. It should respond the second time. If you want to see all reports and not just Guilty ones, please include 'All' in the body of the message.
Also included what to do if a staff member denies your appeal, and what steps you can take if you really think it was unfair, including what is appropriate and what isn't.

BLACKPINK #SaveJennie

K/DA
Naru2008
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Lexiam » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:01 pm

February 10th Update:
Judges can now post on Appeal threads to clarify why you have been suspended or banned.

The current Judges are:
DBrock01
geocon88
Meandrina
Don't mind me, Just watching games and playing anime
Naru2oo8: "please unbannerino"
Naru2008: "Deniederino." - Thread
Lexiam
Mayor
Mayor

Postby TurdPile » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:49 am

Delayed post...

February 2019 Update:
Do not PM me about your open appeal. It will be ignored.

DISCLAIMER: I am a Moderator of the forums and the game.
I manage the clutter so the developers can do their work.
My voice and my opinions are of my own and shouldn't be taken as the
word of the developers (although I may be slightly more informed of
certain matters). Therefore, rude remarks I may occasionally make
should not impact the reputation of the developers.
Cheers.
TurdPile
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals