TFM19 | Starship Epiphron | Rest In Peace - ley (Aliens Win)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

TFM19 | Starship Epiphron | Rest In Peace - ley (Aliens Win)

Postby Metrion » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:56 pm

Starship Epiphron

You're travelling through space. You wake up one morning to discover your ship has been sabotaged, the weapons stolen, the captain murdered. Your ship is quickly losing power. You come to the only logical conclusion -- aliens have possessed members of your crew and are hiding among you, planning to murder you in your sleep. You need to figure out who among you is really an alien, and kill them before they can kill you.

This is a smalltown game, everyone's role is public. Their alignment however; Is not.

1] Metrion is this an Episode? This is not an official episode, it's a TFM. Right in the title there.

2] Metrion how do I join this game? Anyone may join simply by putting /join in this thread. The first 12 will be put on the game's roster, anyone after may join the backup and in the unfortunate case replace a player if need be.

3] Metrion what about those inactive guys? After 24 hours if a player has not posted I will prod them for inactivity. If they do not reply or post within 6 hours they will be replaced. If I prod them again, they will be replaced.

4] Metrion, can I be a sneaky little massclaimer? There will be no whispers. Also this is smalltown game.

5] Metrion can I be a nerd? I do not tolerate game throwing. You will be blacklisted from future games if you attempt to do this. Refer here for more on that and the general rules. This can include "Jesting".

6] Metrion what is your opinon on canned ham? Please don't avidly spam the thread. No one can get a word in edgewise and it becomes a mess if everyone is doing it.

7] Metrion how should I go about this game? Just have fun and be respectful. Do I really need to tell you this?

8] Metrion are there any special mechanic-erinos to be had? This game runs with a total time bank of 300 hours for the days and 24 hours each night that don't draw from the total day hours. Scum win if the 300 hours are depleted. The game is also completely flipless.

9] Metrion why was I not allowed into this game? :( As this is a game that requires intense commitment, if I feel that you will not be active enough I will not allow you to play. Thus it's advised that this not be one of your first games.

Rolecards:

Spoiler:
Officer

There's one thing that stands between this ship and absolute chaos, and it's you. The captain is dead. He was your leader and your friend, and you have to ask yourself: what would he do? The answer is simple. He would lead. And your first task is to make sure these aliens don't kill anyone else. You'll see your captain avenged. Despite the apparent breakdown of the chain of command, you are still respected among the crew. When you demand someone is executed, your vote counts as two. You take this responsibility very seriously -- if someone's going to die, you'll make sure it's one of the filthy aliens.

As the next in command your vote counts for double that of any other player during the day.

Cryogenics

Your role in the mission was to preserve samples in stasis so they'd be unaffected by the oxygen on your ship when you carted them back. You were preserving a handful of plants, but with the right tweaking, you feel you can preserve something... bigger. Say, the room of one of your compatriots. You dare not walk inside, and potentially endanger yourself, but you feel you can freeze a whole room for a night.

Each night you may freeze a player protecting them from attacks but you block them from performing their role.

Scientist

This was supposed to be an easy mission. Collect some plant samples, analyze them, return home. Now, all of a sudden your life is at risk. You're a botanist, not a xenobiologist. You have no idea what influence alien infestation might have on a host's DNA -- or even, what a regular human's DNA is going to look like. But in extraordinary circumstances, people like you rise to do extraordinary things.

Each night you may check a player, comparing their alignment to the last player you checked.

Security

Yeah, the guns have been taken. Fortunately you kept your own. It's only got one shot left in it -- you've got to make it count.

You have a single bullet left in your gun, and you can use this to kill any one player of your choice at night.

Coroner

Your years of medical training seem wasted in this crisis. You're prepared to treat wounds and injuries sustained in the regular course of a peaceful mission, but unfortunately, medical science has not been able to keep pace with advanced modern weaponry -- if someone shoots you, they'll kill you. As such, you're a little out of place in this situation. But there's more ways to save lives than just healing the sick. You're the only one on the ship who knows enough about anatomy to perform an autopsy and determine whether a crewmate was host to an alien parasite before their death. Your crewmates need you to help them determine if a threat has been neutralized, or claimed another victim.

By performing a basic autopsy on all dead crew members, you are passively informed on whether or not dead players were host to an alien or not. Be aware that you can only tell whether or not they had an alien inside them, meaning that you cannot identify the traitor.

Teleporter

Transporters don't work like they do in Star Trek. It's not about destroying and recreating matter. That's sort of a ridiculous (and destructive) solution to a really basic problem. Really what you do is more about reassigning space via a series of minor wormholes. It's incredibly confusing to the layperson, so you try not to spend much time explaining it.

You may switch the two doors of anyone's room by teleporting them, any action performed on one player is now done on the other and vice-versa.
Due to this process requiring a large amount of energy and with the ships power being rationed you may only do this twice.

Surveillance

Your intricate security system has been compromised. Where once you could see every move your crew made, your screens are now completely dark. What was once a comprehensive network of cameras and sensors is now just a mess of frayed wires and shattered consoles. You can still get some of it to work, though you have to allocate your time carefully.

Using whatever hasn't been damaged, you may watch over one player's room; seeing all those who visit that room.

Eavesdropper

With the ship's sensors and scanners out of commission, there's no reliable way to monitor everyone. Fortunately, you're a genius. Co-opting some of the equipment from the sensor grid, you've been able to construct a crude monitoring device you keep in your room. You'll register any burst of power, whether from a rifle, stasis unit or teleporter.

Each night you will be informed about everyone who was shot, put in stasis and teleported. You will know whom these actions were targeted at but not who did them.

Communications

We've already agreed: we can't trust each other. So why are we discussing everything out in the open, in front of our enemies? That doesn't make any sense to you. Fortunately, you're not really a "rule follower." Every night, you contact someone, compare notes secretly. You know the best way to survive is to figure this out yourself.

During the day you may select a player, the next night you and that player may talk freely amongst each other.

Prosecutor

Your mom always told you that you were a good judge of character. Other people think you come on a little strong. It doesn't matter. Your role on this mission was fuel management -- completely irrelevant to our current crisis. So, what? You're going to sit here and wait? Hope? No, you're going to take action, even if that means pointing the finger.

Once during each day you may accuse a player of your choice, that player will be put unto a trial. You may post a 1000 character message and then the player being prosecuted has a chance to post a 1000 character message afterwards to defend themselves. Afterwards everyone will be able to vote guilty, innocent or not at all. If a majority of guilty is achieved then that player is executed and then the day continues. If a majority of guilty is not achieved nothing happens and you lose the option to use this ability further. During the trial the thread is locked.

Trapsetter

You acted as the survival guide down in the field, watching over the frightened lab coats and city people on the mission. Ensuring that the wildlife didn't get to them and that they didn't end up poisoning themselves or worse. It seems like you've somewhat failed at your job in hindsight, but you're sure you can rectify you're mistakes. The shame is that you were never one of those catch and release kind of guys.

During the night you may select a player, all players who visit the selected player after you, are killed by your traps. However you only can do this twice.

Facilitator

Drugs are bad. Let's get that out of the way -- there's no way you would ever endorse the use of drugs, except maybe in the scenario when using the drugs prevents Aliens from killing you. It's okay only in this exact scenario and maybe the movie the Faculty. You've used some advanced amphetamines mixed with an adrenaline substitute and come out with something that protects a person from death itself. They also seem overly active and surprisingly tenacious. You hope the drug doesn't have addictive properties, because you only have two doses. But it probably does have addictive properties. Oh well -- problem for another day.

During the night you may inject someone with a dose of these drugs, this makes that player use their night action before any others and they are immune to being killed. You have enough doses for two people.

Alignments:

You are a member of the crew! Your goal is to eliminate the aliens.

You are the alien who killed the captain, the other alien on board the ship is (player)! Your goal is to eliminate all the crew members. You may kill at night, but if you do you will have a to wait a night before doing it again. As you killed the captain you may not kill the first night. You have no communication with each other.

You are the alien, the other alien on board is (player)! Your goal is to eliminate all the crew members. You may kill at night, but if you do you will have a to wait a night before doing it again. You have no communication with each other.

You are a sympathizer with the Aliens. Your goal is to live to the end of the game and see that aliens win.

Alignment list:

Crew
Crew
Crew
Crew
Crew
Crew
Crew
Crew
Crew

Alien
Alien

Sympathizer

Player List:

1. mkim (Coroner)
  2. Mujie (Surveillance)
  3. Swordsworth (Prosecutor)
  4. parkerparkour (Communications)
  5. ryanyb (Scientist)
  6. moonbird (Security)
  7. EvilDeanius0 (Cryogenics)
  8. Melanora (Officer)
  9. IAmAMunchlax (Trapsetter)
  10. DeferentSheep (Eavesdropper)
  11. Direaxe (Facilitator)
  12. Arcthurus (Teleporter)
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator

Re: TFM19 | Starship Epiphron | Setup

Postby Metrion » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:26 pm

All the rolecards with alignments have been sent out, I will unlock the game once at least half of them have been viewed.
Metrion

Postby Metrion » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:58 am

Rough Order of Operations:

1. Facilatated Player
2. Teleporter
3. Cyrogenics
4. Facilator
5. Trapsetter
6. Other Actions

Game is opening in two minutes.
Metrion

Postby Metrion » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:00 am

The ship's power suddenly began to flicker, before a long drone and then a complete blackout hit. Emergancy lights sprang on, bathing the halls dimly in a red glow. The starship Epiphron had been sabotaged on it's trip back to it's home station. The power supply had been damaged and no longer could the ship initiate it's main systems, leaving it floating in orbit above the strange planet they were sent to explore.

Any attempt to fix the problem was met with more complicatios. Someone, or something was messing with the crew and the power systems.

Only when they found Captian Elastoid, dead in his chambers did they realize the graveness of their situation. Hunch over his collection (no, not that collection) of alien almanacs. Red markings crossing off many animals, plants, organisms. A few were circled however.

All of them were a type of entity that infests inside a host, warps their desires to that of the parasite, and ultimately assumes complete control over both thought and motor skills.

At that point of discovery, well, shit got real amongst the crew.

Day 1 begins! Day will end once a majority is met or in 300 hours.

Should the day end due to time the aliens shall win as the ship will have no fuel.
Metrion

Re: TFM19 | Starship Epiphron | Day 1 (Alas, Toid is Dead)

Postby parkerparkour » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:02 am

Hello, my name is parkerparkour, I'm new here. It's very nice to meet all of you :D
parkerparkour
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Location: The real bad place was the friends we made along the way

Postby ryanyb » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:05 am

Hello.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby EvilDeanius0 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:15 am

Hi guys. I had questions to ask Met but now I can't remember them. I know one was the order things happen in which he already answered. I'll ask when I get home from work.
FM Record: 39 - 61
EvilDeanius0
FM Awards: Neutral

Postby direaxe » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:28 am

Hey guys good luck with the game. This is my first one where we know all of our roles. Sounds interesting and fun. Metrion,

And i have a lot of questions for metion. can we target ourselves with our abilities. Like can I inject myself to be immune and if i did would i lose my second dose (maybe i would overdose). Could the trapstter trap his own room? Could the cryogenics freeze himself? Can the scientist target himself so if he was the alien he could find his partner. Can the surveillance bug himself and does the bug stay in his room the whole game or is it like a lookout, and does the surveillance knows the person or the role that visited?

I believe that's all, sorry if its spammy. Just had a lot of questions.
direaxe
Donor
Donor

Postby Gobln » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:46 am

alright replace direaxe with deleter
Gobln
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Swordsworth » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:52 am

Hi everyone and good luck.

I will sue you if I see anything suspicious.
Spoiler: Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waiting for me

S E N A T O R M E M E C H I N O
Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Postby parkerparkour » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:58 am

shitposts aside im hyped as shit for this
parkerparkour
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Postby ObiWan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:01 am

Hello.

So I would like to propose something to everyone first.

We have 300 hours or the aliens win. That is approximately 12.5 days (unless my math is wrong)
I propose that we act like we have 24 hour days (48 at most) so we do not get carried away and let the timer run farther than it should.
Of course certain circumstances could allow us to extend it if we need to.
I don't want the aliens to take advantage that we don't have set days and run out our time longer than it should.

Thoughts on this?
This was not the scumslip you were looking for.

Alzar wrote:there is no such thing as a meta, forum mafia is a lie, we are products of a confused society

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Swordsworth » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:10 am

We could do that, or we could operate on a Bell Curve model as more information comes to light. It depends on which one would be more effective.
Somewhere waiting for me

Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Postby Swordsworth » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:13 am

So for example,

Day 1: 24 hours
Day 2: 36 hours
Day 3: 76 hours
Day 4: 150 hours
Day 5: 76 hours
Day 6: 36 hours
Day 7: 24 hours

And there's still about 80 hours of leeway.
Somewhere waiting for me

Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Postby ObiWan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:24 am

That could work well. Day 1 we might need some of that leeway as the start of the game can be slow and unproductive. Hopefully we won't, but it's there if we need it. Lynching someone in 24 hours is pretty tough too, so we might want to
make it 36-48.

The aliens don't know who each other are, correct?

Alzar wrote:there is no such thing as a meta, forum mafia is a lie, we are products of a confused society

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Swordsworth » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:25 am

They do.
Somewhere waiting for me

Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Postby Metrion » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:38 am

Trapsetter and Teleporter are the only roles that may target themselves.

Surviellance seeing names or roles makes very little difference, but they will see names. They function like a lookout.
Metrion

Postby Arcthurus » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:40 am

Sup.

24 hours for D1 sound good enough to get a lynch in. It's been done before, at least. Not anything more than 36. I can get behind that "Bell Curve" model.

Spoiler: Image

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby parkerparkour » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:40 am

ObiWan wrote:That could work well. Day 1 we might need some of that leeway as the start of the game can be slow and unproductive. Hopefully we won't, but it's there if we need it. Lynching someone in 24 hours is pretty tough too, so we might want to
make it 36-48.

The aliens don't know who each other are, correct?

they know who they are but they dont have a mafia chat
parkerparkour
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Postby ObiWan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:45 am

For some reason I thought they didn't.

Countdown for Day 1

Let me know if the clock doesn't work, I'm doing this from my phone.

I gave us 36 hours to give us a little more time. We can always lynch earlier or extend to 48.

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby ryanyb » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:49 am

Welp looks like we're in rvs.
/vote Dire
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ObiWan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:03 am

@Met or others

From the coroner card

By performing a basic autopsy on all dead crew members, you are passively informed on whether or not dead players were host to an alien or not. Be aware that you can only tell whether or not they had an alien inside them, meaning that you cannot identify the traitor.

So we can only identify one alien, the other is a traitor we cannot identify?
Is there anyone immune to being an alien?

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby parkerparkour » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:07 am

obi pls XD

there are two aliens and a traitor. the coroner cant identify the traitor because the traitor is human. the coroner can identify either alien but not the traitor. no clue about the second but im assuming no.
parkerparkour
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Postby Metrion » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:07 am

Traitor = Sympathizer.

They are undetectable by the Coroner and Scientist.

Every role in the game can be any alignment.
Metrion

Postby EvilDeanius0 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:09 am

So, when swords uses his trial ability, he posts an argument, the accused posts a defense and then how do we vote, privately or publicly?
Does me freezing someone interfere with passive abilities?

ObiWan wrote:

So we can only identify one alien, the other is a traitor we cannot identify?
Is there anyone immune to being an alien?

I think it means its like a sheriff check on the dead, telling us Alien or not Alien. The sympathizer is a neutral with a witch wincon.
FM Record: 39 - 61
EvilDeanius0

Next

Return to Game Threads