Vigilantics Replacements

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

What do you think!?/what roles should be replaced/added in?

PUT IT IN THE GAME
67%
Maybe not (comment why)
No votes
NO (comment why)
No votes
----------------------------------
No votes
Replace NEs/Any with 2 mafs + town
No votes
Replace NEs/Any with 2 mafs + neutral
No votes
Keep it
33%
Other (comment)
No votes

Total votes : 3

Vigilantics Replacements

Postby Zee235 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:14 am

I am back on suggestions for a little bit and thought I might as well post something that has been on my mind. I want to replace the oh so dead, oh so deserted, and oh so boring vigilantics. It has been dead for a long time most likely due to how it favors the witches and how town can't even gain information because it only gains vigilantes. I know rainbow mode is dead as well but I can get a good game of rainbow in every once in a while. So without further ado I present to you two role lists that should replace vigilantics as rotating gamemodes! (remember these are chaos modes)

Vampire game mode!!!
Role list that would be made:
Vampire Hunter
Random Town
Random Town
Random Town
Random Town
Random Town
Random Town
Random Town
Vampire
Vampire
Random Neutral
Random Neutral
Any
Any
Any

Why I want to add this: Love them or Hate them vampires will be with us for a long time. They don't appear in normal modes and currently can appear in All Any and Rainbow mode. Since the coven expansion came out I always wondered why vampires don't have their own game mode. So I decided why not make one?

Why the role list?: I made this role list to be swingy. I thought this could make the mode more fun as at any point we could have 4 sk's 3 survivors and other really major roles could appear. Heck if the Anys role mafia we could have a whole new faction to appear.

Rivalry (no not rivals mode)
Role list that would be made
Jailor
Random Town
Random Town
Random Town
Town Investigative
Town Investigative
Town Killing
Town Support
Godfather
Random mafia
Godfather ZEE YOU CAN'T HAVE TWO GODFATHERS (shush young one)
Random Mafia
Neutral Evil
Neutral Evil
Any

Rivalry is a game mode with two different mafia factions competing for domination of the town. which means one team can not win with the other.

Why I want to add this: Role lists with two factions have always been fun for me. whether its maf vs vamps vs town or coven vs maf vs town I always enjoyed playing role lists like this one.

Why the role list?: I used a ranked-like style when creating this role list. Of course when I made this I had to add two anys (because that is a standard I set for myself). That being said, aside from the swinginess Ranked players might enjoy this one better because of the ranked style I put on it.

Ultimately there needs to be changes to the chaos modes available. I will make a huge effort to convince BMG to get this in (once they are done with unity). My ultimate goal is to replace vigilantics with these game modes so we don't just have dead lobbies.
Last edited by Zee235 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zee235
Spy
Spy

Re: Vigilantics Replacements

Postby fwogcarf » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:14 am

Both of these gamemodes are trash and not needed. Honestly we don't need any other gamemodes, so just stop
Spoiler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M79vYZu-WIKrW0WQ0pCISBq66DeBfSir5T7RCuy0OWY/edit?usp=sharing
We are creators of our own future

We are supporters of forces against despair

We defend against the evils of the world

We are guardians, we are strong
fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby GoogleFeud » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:21 am

fwogcarf wrote:Both of these gamemodes are trash and not needed. Honestly we don't need any other gamemodes, so just stop

We don't need any other gamemodes? We are not really adding gamemodes, we are replacing Vigilantics (a very bad gamemode) with one of these, that's his suggestion.

The suggestion:

I like the idea of both gamemodes, but I think it'd be better if you added another town and removed the Any in the rivals gamemode.
GoogleFeud
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Raven1207 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:22 am

The first one is a little too excessive with the random town. The second one makes Mafia OP with 2 Godfathers
Raven1207
Survivor
Survivor

Postby ElderSivart » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:28 am

Raven1207 wrote:The first one is a little too excessive with the random town. The second one makes Mafia OP with 2 Godfathers

The second one is two DIFFERENT mafia factions that can't win together.
idk how well it would work but it's an interesting idea.
ElderSivart
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Zee235 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:29 am

fwogcarf wrote:Both of these gamemodes are trash and not needed. Honestly we don't need any other gamemodes, so just stop

These gamemodes are meant to replace vigilantics. Even if you think it is trash we definitely would see more people play these then the current gamemode.
Zee235
Spy
Spy

Postby Zee235 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:32 am

[list=][/list]
Raven1207 wrote:The first one is a little too excessive with the random town. The second one makes Mafia OP with 2 Godfathers

This was just their for it to be swingy so that is up for change. You might want to read the paragraph under the rivalry gamemode too.
Zee235
Spy
Spy

Postby lemonader666 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:36 am

Rivals is called Multiball
And the rolelist is terrible. There's a chance of Any rolling mafia/coven, Any and RN rolling NKs(4 NKs at most) and there are no consistent town alignments

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Zee235 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:39 am

lemonader666 wrote:Rivals is called Multiball
And the rolelist is terrible. There's a chance of Any rolling mafia/coven, Any and RN rolling NKs(4 NKs at most) and there are no consistent town alignments

Which role list are you talking about.
Zee235
Spy
Spy

Postby lemonader666 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:05 am

both

lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Zee235 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:05 am

lemonader666 wrote:both

As far as the vamp rolelist that one is meant to be swingy. I made it so it embodies the very meaning of vampires... Chaos.
I am probably at some point foing to replace the Any with town.
Zee235
Spy
Spy

Postby lemonader666 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:08 am

Zee235 wrote:

As far as the vamp rolelist that one is meant to be swingy. I made it so it embodies the very meaning of vampires... Chaos.

Just because vampires are unbalanced, doesn't mean the rolelist has to be terrible.

lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Zee235 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:42 am

lemonader666 wrote:
Zee235 wrote:

Just because vampires are unbalanced, doesn't mean the rolelist has to be terrible.

I am not going to make the rolelist completely balanced either. I might change it a little bit though.
Zee235
Spy
Spy

Postby lemonader666 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:44 am

Zee235 wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:
Zee235 wrote:

I am not going to make the rolelist completely balanced either. I might change it a little bit though.

It can't be balanced because of Vampire and VH, but you apparently decided that since it can't be completely balanced, it should be completely unbalanced

lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Zee235 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:49 am

lemonader666 wrote:
Zee235 wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:
Zee235 wrote:

It can't be balanced because of Vampire and VH, but you apparently decided that since it can't be completely balanced, it should be completely unbalanced

I never said it should be completely unbalanced. Obviously if it isn't completely balanced it will be unbalanced. Now I guess I should ask you this, what would you do to change the role list?
Zee235
Spy
Spy

Postby lemonader666 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:51 am

Zee235 wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:
Zee235 wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:
Zee235 wrote:

I never said it should be completely unbalanced. Obviously if it isn't completely balanced it will be unbalanced. Now I guess I should ask you this, what would you do to change the role list?

You didn't say so, but you did so. Those aren't the same.

lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Zee235 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:00 am

lemonader666 wrote:
Zee235 wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:
Zee235 wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:
Zee235 wrote:

You didn't say so, but you did so. Those aren't the same.

I didn't do anything besides make this thread and argue here.
Zee235
Spy
Spy

Postby Raven1207 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:42 am

Zee235 wrote:[list=][/list]

This was just their for it to be swingy so that is up for change. You might want to read the paragraph under the rivalry gamemode too.

The 2nd one brings to many chaos. In addition, Godfather is a unique role. Don't need 2 living Godfathers in one game. Even if they are Rivals, it puts Town at a disadvantage
Raven1207
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Raven1207 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:44 am

ElderSivart wrote:

The second one is two DIFFERENT mafia factions that can't win together.
idk how well it would work but it's an interesting idea.

It brings disaster is what I have to say. As I said before, the 2nd one puts Town at a disadvantage
Raven1207
Survivor
Survivor

Postby TheGardensGate » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:24 pm

I think they should implement the first one in replacement of Vigilantics so that people would stop putting vamps in custom rolelists
TheGardensGate

Postby Villagerlover » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:55 am

I'd definitely be up for vigilantics being replaced with vampire gamemode.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby FirstToGetThisName » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:45 am

Opinion on Vampire Game Mode:
I don't see any disincentive for the town to hunt down the vampire hunter and the anys and subsequently all win as vampire. Perhaps there should be a reason for the town to do so?

Opinion on Rivalry:
Do the two mafia factions share a night chat? Can they target each other?
If they don't share a night chat, AND they can target each other, then town is waaaaaaay too OP, they were OP before, and having 2 maf per maf faction makes the maf even more miserable.
If they do share a night chat, then maybe this might work. The moment they start to get an advantage, the mafia might start to turn on each other, possibly returning the advantage back to the town. Just don't reveal opposing factions' night actions to each other if they can target each other. Although, the town would be heavily reliant on them turning on each other too early, as it might take perfect play on their part to wipe out one faction right away. Unless there are no promotions, in which things become easier for the town to reduce the KPN but still...
FirstToGetThisName

Postby Zee235 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:39 pm

FirstToGetThisName wrote:Opinion on Vampire Game Mode:
I don't see any disincentive for the town to hunt down the vampire hunter and the anys and subsequently all win as vampire. Perhaps there should be a reason for the town to do so? their can only be max 4 vamps in a game. Everyone can't be a vamp (leftover town and nk)

Opinion on Rivalry:
Do the two mafia factions share a night chat?No Can they target each other?Yes
If they don't share a night chat, AND they can target each other, then town is waaaaaaay too OP, they were OP before, and having 2 maf per maf faction makes the maf even more miserable.
If they do share a night chat, then maybe this might work. The moment they start to get an advantage, the mafia might start to turn on each other, possibly returning the advantage back to the town. Just don't reveal opposing factions' night actions to each other if they can target each other. Although, the town would be heavily reliant on them turning on each other too early, as it might take perfect play on their part to wipe out one faction right away. Unless there are no promotions, in which things become easier for the town to reduce the KPN but still... i don't see why they should share a night chat. However I am probably changing the rolelist to 9 v 3 v 3
Zee235
Spy
Spy

Postby FirstToGetThisName » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:08 am

Zee235 wrote:
FirstToGetThisName wrote:Opinion on Vampire Game Mode:
I don't see any disincentive for the town to hunt down the vampire hunter and the anys and subsequently all win as vampire. Perhaps there should be a reason for the town to do so? their can only be max 4 vamps in a game. Everyone can't be a vamp (leftover town and nk)

Opinion on Rivalry:
Do the two mafia factions share a night chat?No Can they target each other?Yes
If they do share a night chat, then maybe this might work. The moment they start to get an advantage, the mafia might start to turn on each other, possibly returning the advantage back to the town. Just don't reveal opposing factions' night actions to each other if they can target each other. Although, the town would be heavily reliant on them turning on each other too early, as it might take perfect play on their part to wipe out one faction right away. Unless there are no promotions, in which things become easier for the town to reduce the KPN but still... i don't see why they should share a night chat. However I am probably changing the rolelist to 9 v 3 v 3

In response to Vampire: There is a maximum of 4 living vampires and no limit on deceased ones, last I recall. I also don't recall vampires having to survive to the end to win, so every convert-able player can win if the vampires alternate between biting and lynching a member. However, if the vampire population, living AND deceased, is limited to 4, then I highly pity the vampires, although the game will indeed become more interesting.

No additional response to Rivalry, except "Ok".
FirstToGetThisName

Postby Soulshade55r » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:25 am

It annoys me when people think there needs to be 9 Town in rivals, just because Town don't have majority doesn't mean they can't vote anyone up A) the other Mafia will vote up the other Mafia, B) the other Mafia will attack the other Mafia, does the Mafia count the Serial Killer towards there majority? Maybe once in a blue moon you can work with the sk, but you both can't win together so what's the point same applies for Mafia v Mafia v Town, my idea is to have a group of 3 Mafia v 3 Mafia, maybe a Neutral Benign and 8 town

People realise outside modes don't need to be balanced like ranked, you'll never have true balance unless you make everything Citizen and Goon.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Next

Return to Suggestions